Residential Support Worker NIGHTS
Options Higford, a children’s autism service, based Near Shifnal in Shropshire, we require Residential Support Worker (nights) to join our dedicated Night team.
Set in 28 acres of rolling Shropshire countryside, our Education and Residential facility is within easy reach of Shifnal, Telford, Dudley, Stourbridge, Shrewsbury, Stafford, Cannock, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Stone, Stoke and surrounding towns.
Providing care to children and young people with autism, Asperger’s Syndrome and associated difficulties, the role of Residential Support Worker focuses on developing independent life skills through individually designed programmes.
Following a thorough 3 week induction and training programme, your duties would include:
- Participating in a variety of off-site activities, including transition to and from school
- Promoting life skills and independence in the home, developing domestic and personal skills
- Documenting all children’s activities, reporting and recording key aspects of their care
- Managing challenging behaviour, helping to develop self-control techniques
(Full job description will be provided with an application pack)
- Either Qualified or be prepared to study for Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England)
- Keen to work with children with complex and challenging behaviour
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
If you are a dynamic, adaptable and compassionate individual looking for a career as Residential Support Worker please apply immediately.
In return we offer a salary scale of: (depending on experience)
Residential Support Worker - Night Salary Scale: £16,926 - £19,918
- Start £16,926
- Post probation £17,472
- Qualified £18,215
Hours of work: 42 hrs per week, 4 on - 4 off: 21.30pm - 09.30am
We offer career progression, an excellent benefits package to include: Pension, Company Sick Pay, Employee Assistance Programme, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Retail Discount Packages and onsite free parking.
Options Group and Hillcrest Children’s services form part of Outcomes First Group who employ 2000 staff at locations throughout the UK and provide a range of care and education services to children and adults with autism, complex needs and behavioural, emotional and social difficulties. Due to the breadth of our services we are able to adapt to the needs of the individual at different points in time. This enables us to provide a range of care options within a journey of support for our children, young people and adult and their families. We share every step of that journey with them.
Due to the standards set by the regulatory body candidates applying for this role must be age 18 and over.
"Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment"