Working Team Leader
While operating in over 90 countries, our Client has developed into a well recognised and highly regarded design and manufacturing specialist who provides bespoke engineering solutions to the nuclear energy, nuclear decommissioning and defence markets - becoming Italy’s largest supplier, installer and service provider within this sector. As well as offering ongoing specialist support services they focus on everything from the design all the way through to installation and commissioning.
As the 'Working Team Leader' you will be required to provide direction, instruction and guidance to allocated manufacturing team whilst working 'hands-on' with all projects.
The role requires shift work as follows:
Week 1 - 6:30am until 1:20pm
Week 2 - 1:00pm until 8:30pm
60% of your time will be spent on the machines and 40% managing the team.
Key Activities / Decision Areas
• Lead by example, by acting as a role model and guiding and encouraging your team.
• Maintain good housekeeping standards within your section and support other team leaders to address areas of concern.
• Ensure the correct completion of route cards by all team members.
• Ensure all team members book time appropriately to projects.
• Ensure effective timekeeping of all team members (start and end of shifts, break times).
• Allocate and distribute work to all team members and monitor progress.
• Monitor team performance, and ensure PDR’s are completed for all team members.
• Liaising with MEs and planning team to ensure all work activities are completed in a timely manner.
• Supervise downtime within the section appropriately (including lunch/tea breaks)
• Attend meetings and take accountability for ensuring your section is briefed accordingly in relation to planning meetings, team leader meetings and start of shift briefings.
• Ensure effective stock/inventory control.
• Identify, support and implement improvement initiatives within your section within the Manufacturing Department.
Safety and Quality
• Ensure all work within the Department is undertaken in line with the Company Quality Manual & Procedures.
• Ensure all work within the Department is undertaken in line with Company Health and Safety Standards.
• Be responsible for the Inspection of work within the Department to ensure it is completed to a high standard.
• 80% of working day is booked to contract.
Essential role related knowledge, technical skills, qualifications and experience:
Proven team leader within a manufacturing or engineering environment specifically machining.
• Focuses on the Customer - Works co-operatively with customers and stakeholders (internal and external) in order to meet and exceed their expectations
• Collaborates and Shares Knowledge - Seeks to create collective success through teamwork, knowledge sharing and mutual support
• Delivers Results/Focuses on Solution - Plans what needs to be delivered and then focuses on making it happen
• Builds Teams - Brings together the right people, in the right place at the right time to deliver business objectives
• Adapts to change - Is able to respond positively to individual or organisational change
• Acts with Integrity and Professionalism - Demonstrates trust and integrity in their day to day working.
• Holds Self & Others to Account - Sets clear performance objectives for self and others, monitoring progress and taking appropriate action to ensure delivery