Senior Property Management Surveyor - Birmingham
Senior Property Management Surveyor
As a Senior Property Management Surveyor at HS2, you will manage the portfolio of properties acquired by HS2 according to relevant guidelines and policies.
About the role:
- Manage and lead the approach to ensure the HS2’s land and property portfolio is commercially focused
- Acting as a lead contact with HS2’s appointed property managing agents to ensure high quality estate management including monitoring through monthly reports and KPI’s their performance on lettings, rent collection, maintenance, repair and disposals
- Lead and manage the liaison with the Property Acquisition team to develop full awareness of the delivery programme to ensure timely issue of instructions to managing agents to undertake pre-completion inspections and the handover of properties into management on legal completion.
- Manage the monitoring the day to day management of properties by the appointed agents including evaluation and instruction of repair and maintenance works and subsequent monitoring and budgeting of fees and expenses.
- Ensuring all land and buildings in the HS2 property portfolio comply with Health and Safety regulations and legislation and that the Company’s Health and Safety policies and processes are fully implemented
- Taking ownership of all property and management related information that is developed or influenced by the scope of work undertaken and ensuring complete and accurate data is recorded in L&P property systems in an efficient and effective manner
- Working with the Property Asset Management team and Land and Property’s Finance representative in the preparation of financial reports and forecasts including monthly income and cost statements
- Demonstrating flexibility in support of senior members of the Land and Property team on property management matters and deputising for the Property Asset Management Lead as required
- Excellent communication skills
- Have a flexible approach to working from different office locations and working to fixed deadlines
- Ability to deal with stakeholders and members of the public in a range of circumstances
- It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
Apply now by clicking on the 'Apply' button.
Closing date: 17 September 2017.