Cost Engineer - Automotive - Warwickshire
Iconic luxury Automotive OEM is seeking Cost Estimators to join its growing Product Cost Estimating team, a key function of the Procurement Department. Providing Material, Capital (Vendor Tooling), Design and Development, and Prototype Estimates to support:
- All new vehicle programs ensuring all cost targets set with external suppliers are 'value for money'.
* Actively participate in the on-going TVM process to support the achievement of company-wide cost reduction objectives.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Cost Estimates - by analysing how much a component "should cost" to manufacture. Estimate the material used, process time, overheads and profit. Estimate comparison vs. quote & assisted Supplier negotiations with purchase.
* Benchmarking - compare similar components within parts library and competitor vehicles through 'tear-down' exercises. Develop component cost database for benchmark analysis.
* Quotation Analysis - receive QAFs (Quotation Analysis Forms) from their suppliers. These should be analysed for Value for money. Through supplier visits the Estimator can confirm the content of the QAF and look for "waste" processes and commercial opportunities.
* Supplier Business Reviews - compile Supplier Business Review documentation identifying by cost driver the suppliers cost of manufacturing. To review the suppliers' total business model and identify ways to reduce these costs.
* Supplier visits.
* VSM (Value Stream mapping) Cost down - together with the Supplier, the Estimator maps the current and future state maps identifying ways to improve processes and drive down costs.
* Engineering support - to provide guidance to the Engineer of the most cost effective way of producing a component. All cost down modifications must payback incremental costs within one year of introduction.
We are ideally seeking professionals who have a sound understanding/experience of engineering/manufacturing with strong commercial acumen. In addition:
- Degree qualified or hold an equivalent qualification in Engineering or Business.
* Experienced in a comparable role.
* Working knowledge of Excel and Word. Access would also be advantageous.
* Good automotive industry experience or general manufacturing techniques would be an advantage.
* Full Driving license.
* Ability to negotiate and review data with all levels of Management.
* Positively represent the company when visiting Suppliers and remain professional.
Interested? Please contact Lisa Osborne by emailing your latest CV or contacting Lisa directly on .