Field Service Technician
Our client is a leading provider of fuel retailing solutions across the UK. They offer a variety of products to their customers. They are now recruiting for a Field Service Technician to join their team in the West Midlands. You will be responsible for the service and maintenance of company products. Please note that this role is based around Birmingham, Lichfield, Cannock, Tamworth, Walsall, Wolverhampton and surrounding areas, the role will involve extensive local travel and some nationwide travel.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army (REME), Royal Navy (Marine Engineer) or Royal Air Force (RAF) (Aircraft Technician) and has previously worked within a similar role. Candidates wishing to apply must hold a relevant Mechanical Engineering background with electrical / electronic skills.
Please note due to the nature of the role you will be required to undertake a weekend overtime rota (working 1 weekend in 4); candidates wishing to be considered for this role must therefore have a flexible approach to working hours.
- Carry out all service, maintenance and repairs of petrol station equipment including dispensers, tank gauges, EPOS systems and media solutions to defined standards.
- Daily diagnostic testing, troubleshooting and repair of customer equipment.
- Installation and commissioning of new equipment.
- Maintain and enhance customer relationships.
- Produce timely and accurate service reports.
- Ensure all calls are attended promptly and within set SLA.
- Ensure all company equipment is properly maintained and in good working order at all times.
- Ensure compliance with set HSSE guidelines.
?? Communicate with all levels of staff, both verbally and written.
?? Complete all documentation on time, to agreed company standards.
?? Responsible for and keep all company stock and equipment in good order.
?? Be of smart appearance whilst conforming to on site H&S rules.
- Conduct yourself and promote the company in a professional manner at all times.
- It is envisaged that the successful candidate will have a strong mechanical engineering background and will hold a relevant mechanical / electrical qualification i.e. HNC / HND or equivalent.
- Technical knowledge: Experience of diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electrical and electronic systems. Electronic repairs to PCB level, ability to voltage test AC/DC single and three phase supplies.
- Confident in the use of hand tools.
- Strong customer service skills with ability to interact confidently and professionally with all parties.
- Flexible approach to travel with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- UKPIA certification - Desirable.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Understanding of PC hardware, networking and IT troubleshooting.
- Salary uplift on successful completion of the 6 month probationary period.
- Structured grade levels for progression and quarterly bonus scheme based on KPI results.
- Mon - Fri 8am - 5pm.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Overtime available, Standby Rate, Life Assurance.
- Company Vehicle, Fuel Card provided.
- Pension Scheme.