Exciting opportunity for an experienced Accountant to join a rapidly expanding business services organisation.
My client is a Private Equity backed business services provider located just South of Bromsgrove. Due to continued growth and expansion, they seek an experienced Accountant to support the Financial Controller and supervise a small team.
You will be actively involved with and contribute to every aspect of the day to day running of the accounts function. It is a fast-paced environment that can offer future career development and growth within the business and department.
- Involvement with all aspects of the day-to-day running of a small accounts department including all aspects of the month end processes and procedures
- Supervising and leading a small team of 3-5 staff
- Assist the Financial Controller in the production of monthly management accounts
- General ledger accounting including fixed assets, prepayments, accruals, bank reconciliations etc
- Assist in the preparation of VAT returns
- Maintain the Purchase Ledger including the processing of bank payments
- Maintain the sales ledger to ensure it provides an accurate reflection of outstanding debtors
- Aspects of high volume Payroll
- Prepare summaries of Credit Card and Petty Cash expenses
- Preparation of monthly budget variances for the departments within the business
- Provide assistance to Credit Control during busy periods
- Assist in the preparation of Cash Flow forecasts for the core business
- Assist in the statutory accounts production
- Assist with audit file preparation and provide support during the audit process
- Involvement in ad hoc projects as and when required.
- AAT studier (Level 2, 3 or 4) or part-qualified ACCA/CIMA
- Candidates who are 'qualified by experience' will also be considered
- Previous experience and understanding of all aspects of month end accounting
- Previous staff supervisory experience
- Committed, hard-working and proactive approach with the desire and hunger to contribute, progress, learn and develop
- Excellent communication skills at all business levels
- IT literate - Sage and Ms Office packages.
What's on offer;
- Salary up to GBP25,000
- Study support for AAT, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent if required
- Career progression opportunities
- 23 days holiday rising to 28 after 5 years (plus bank holidays)
- Additional day off for your birthday
- 5% non-contributory pension
- 8:30am - 5pm.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Richard to discuss this opportunity further, always private and in confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialise in the recruitment of accountancy and finance professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/17544