Quality Engineer - Shropshire - Automotive
A Quality Engineer is needed to join a well known manufacturer of precision pressings for the Automotive industry. As the successful Quality Engineer you will have experience working to TS16949 and will have experience of PPAP documentation, APQP activities and auditing.
This would be a fantastic opportunity for a hungry Quality Engineer to make an impact.
Job Roles and Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer:
- Ensure that the Quality Management System conforms to IATF 16949 :2016
- Oversee inspection of incoming materials ensuring that they meet requirements
- Work with customers and employees to develop product requirements
- Conduct periodic Management Review Meetings showing trend analysis on KPIs
- Responsible for the inspection /calibration of monitoring and measurement devices.
- Co-ordinate the internal auditing system in order to ensure the quality of internal manufacturing.
- Make recommendations on Continuous Improvement activities.
- Assess quarantine and non-conformities on finished parts to ensure that no substandard goods are approved.
- Prepare & audit to ISO/TS 16949:2009 transition to IATF 16949:2016.
- NPI experience.
- Experience of APQP activities and compiling PPAP documentation.
- Agree closed loop corrective actions with production & Eng. team
- Time Served apprentice mechanical/production / HNC Mechanical/ Production Engineering.
- Must have experience working in the automotive industry, with in-depth knowledge of TS16949.
- Strong organisational analytical, problem solving and management skills.
- Salary - GBP35,000 - GBP37,000
- Pension Scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Great career progression opportunities