Transport Planner / Operator
Transport Planner / Operator
Pentalver Transport is an award winning container logistics company with over 30 years' experience. We are currently recruiting for a Transport Planner / Operator to join our team in Cannock. As a Transport Planner / operator you will be responsible for planning the fleet of vehicles, ensuring their maximum utilisation and customer expectations are achieved, whilst maintaining health and safety standards and achieving financial targets.
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week.
Responsibilities of the Transport Planner / Operator:
- Produce a daily Transport Plan in line with customer orders and expectations, negotiating best times where possible to best utilise the fleet
- Utilise vehicles to plan all vehicles with a view to support and maximise daily revenue targets
- Ensure customer service levels with all customers are achieved to the minimum agreed targets, whilst maintaining close communication links at all times. Investigate anomalies, provide justification and escalate accordingly
- Ensure plans are at best cost solutions
- Update systems accurately and utilise functionality
- Ensure the day to day operation runs smoothly in line with the daily Transport plan. Ensure the plan suits the best cost option, whilst striving to exceed Customer satisfaction targets of a minimum of 97%.
- Conduct driver briefing and debriefing to a high standard, ensuring concerns and issues are handled promptly and without any unreasonable delay.
- Drive compliance through regular reviews, communication, and setting standards.
Requirements of the Transport Planner / Operator:
- CPC International or working towards
- A minimum of three years transport planning experience with strong organisational skills
- Good geographical knowledge
- A full understanding of Tachograph, working time and driver's hours legislation
- A working knowledge of PC applications; Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Good communication skills
- Numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data/information
In return you will receive a Pension, life insurance, childcare vouchers and free parking along with a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays and be eligible to join our stakeholder pension scheme. You will work for a company that is leading the container industry with confidence, providing first class service and a great employee experience. For further information on what Pentalver can offer you take a look at our Pentalver Careers section of our website.
CVs from agencies will not be accepted. We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the closing date should a large number of applications be received.
Closing date: 26th September 2017
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Transport Planner / Operator then please apply now!