Bodycote operate an international network of facilities serving a wide range of industries including, aerospace, defence, automotive, power generation, oil and gas, construction, machine building medical and transportation. Bodycote is the world's largest and most respected provider of thermal processing services and a vital link in the manufacturing supply chain.
Bodycote has over 5,700 people globally, in 26 countries spread over 190 locations. We recognise that the success of our business depends upon the skills, commitment and loyalty of our people. We strive to offer a working environment where these attributes are rewarded and valued.
We are looking to recruit a Quality Engineer who would ensure goods and processes are compliant from contract review through to inspection and despatch, ensure the company's quality management systems is maintained, updated as necessary and continually improves at the site and ensure the site retains and obtains all the necessary recognised quality / technical approvals. This person will work with the site Management team to ensure it achieves its overall business objectives.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that the site Quality and Inspection function satisfies the business requirements.
- Ensure process and equipment complies to internal and external quality systems, including but not limited to NADCAP, AS9100 and BHMS.
- Ensure understanding of internal and external quality systems (as above) is flowed to all levels on site.
- Ensure that the Contract review undertaken is effective and assist with the PAQP.
- Customer Liaison ensuring, customers are notified if any issues or non conformances occur. Ensure timely resolution of any customer complaints received.
- Monitor vendor ratings and ensure suppliers issues are resolved.
- Monitor the KPI data, liaise with site Management to resolve any problems that occur, to ensure that the site objectives are on target or action has been implemented to address any issues that may arise. Keep the Regional Quality Manager informed of any issues arising.
- Investigate all non conformances to ensure the root cause is identified and corrective action implemented and review its effectiveness.
- Use surveillance methods to ensure compliance and identify any deficiencies, implementing corrective action.
- Review root causes and effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Carry out system audits to identify any deficiencies, implementing corrective action.
- Modify or develop procedures as required to ensure quality requirements are met.
Health And Safety
- Comply with company Health and Safety procedures.
- Ensure there is no conflict between customer requirements and health and safety best practice.
- Liaise with Production Manager and production coordinator to ensure production schedule is met.
- Liaise with customers to ensure requirements are met and are kept informed of any discrepancies that may affect quality or expediency.
- Liaise with maintenance to ensure any actual or potential engineering issues which could have an effect on quality, health and safety or efficiency are investigated and resolved.
- Liaise with engineering to ensure requirements of the quality system are met.
- Assist with environmental system if required.
- Produce reports as necessary for Regional Quality Manager or Works Manager.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Experience with Rolls Royce - SABRe or other aerospace primes an advantage.
- Refer to Personnel records Level 4 competency required, e.g. HNC or higher in an engineering or science discipline.
- Good working knowledge of both quality systems and of thermal treatment processes.
If you can demonstrate you have the above requirements then why not apply for this great opportunity and develop your careerat Bodycote. All internal applicants should inform their current line manager of their application. The closing date for applications is 6th September 2017.
Please Note - If you have not heard from us within two weeks your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we will keep your CV on file and should anything come up that matches your experience we will contact you. Good luck in your job search.