Support Engineer 2nd Line - Staffordshire
2nd Line Support Engineer - Staffordshire Based
Our client a major London based gaming provider with prestigious offices based in Central London are seeking an accomplished Desktop Support Engineer to join their end user communication team. Day to day duties to include the response to escalations within the team along with systems support and project work. You will take ownership of both Windows and MAC builds, WDS/MDT, AV solution for desktops including reporting as well as software and patch management systems. An entrepreneurial candidate with willingness to learn and succeed is a perfect fit for our client; they are a growing business that wants outside thinkers who appreciate that every day is a learning day.
The ideal candidate will have excellent experience in 2nd line support or similar having worked in an environment with a minimum of 200 workstations. Our client has a large London based team that is responsible for over 1000+ users across six offices supporting MAC / Laptops / mobile devices - Automation of repeatable tasks is extremely important therefore requiring an individual who is comfortable with command-line and basic scripting.
- Cyber Security Understanding
- Windows 7 & 10 support, troubleshooting and deployment
- Asset Management
- Working with Helpdesk System as well as understanding escalation process
- Microsoft Office Suites 2007 onwards as well as Office365
- Remote User Support / Remote Access Technologies
- Active Directory & Exchange 2010
- Basic Automation & Scripting
- Network, DHCP & DNS knowledge and troubleshooting
- Strong Scripting Skills
- IT Procurement Experience
- Avaya PBX IP Office
- Sophos Security Suite
- Administration of Google and MS Cloud
- Snow Software
- Windows Server Admin
- Backup Recovery SWare - Shadow Copy / Veaam / Backup-exec
The working environment is state of the art as is the technology. Our client is a big believer that happy workers are more productive. Apart from the cool decor, there are 'chill out' areas, pool tables, grass floors, weekly sports and social events, family events and much more. If you are looking for a career where you can evolve and become part of a team then this is the right organisation for you. Ambition is an essential attribute for the successful candidate; this company has grown quickly and is built on it.