Up to GBP42,000, pension, healthcare
Are you a Cell Leader looking for an opportunity to working within a world class organisation in supporting the build of advanced assemblies for the automotive arena? Due to an increase in production levels and expansion of their manufacturing facility our client is currently seeking a team of Cell Leaders to manage and drive forward production, quality and H&S activities within high volume manufacturing environments.
As Cell Leader, it is essential you have previous experience in a supervisory role in an automotive manufacturing, component supplier environment. Alternatively we will consider aerospace or other high volume/fast paced environments.
You must also have experience of managing large numbers of direct reports as the post holder will have leadership and management responsibility for up to 100 people.
As Cell Leader your role will encompass responsibilities within Quality, Delivery and Performance Measures. Duties will include (but not limited to):
- To understand and communicate the 'Quality First' philosophy, ensuring quality standards are achieved in terms of Right First Time (RFT). Ensure that non-conformance is challenged.
- Support quality systems audits.
- Confirm effective end of shift wrap up whilst escalating procedures are working correctly.
- Prioritise maintenance for multiple breakdowns.
- New Product Introduction (NPI) process or new product changes within your area.
- Ensure the compliance and correct utilisation of all PPE equipment.
- Carry out and maintain Health & Safety activities.
- Compile and review Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work (SSoW) for all maintenance activities.
- Support audits (TS16949, ISO14001, OHSAS 18001) when required.
- Conduct frequent team brief/shift meetings covering Health & Safety, Quality, Absence, Targets and Cost.
- Manage Team performance (disciplinary & grievance, coaching, support, etc.)
- Identify training needs and ensure they are resourced.
- Ensure effective recruitment and selection.
- Ensure Team/Shift Leaders are process experts, able to do the job and can train others.
- Utilise support teams to achieve Departmental targets, e.g. Materials, HR, TIE, PEN, MEN
Applications are welcomed from qualified Cell Leaders who have a track record in leading teams of individuals in the delivery of production and quality target within a high volume automotive manufacturing arena.
This opportunity offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package with excellent career progression and development. For further information please contact Dan Plimmer