An opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Assistant to support the management of the company's nominal ledger and the maintenance of the company's records.
The successful candidate will support the Finance Manager in a number of areas including the preparation of monthly Management Accounts and reconciliation of all accompanying Balance Sheet Control Accounts, along with the monitoring of cash flows, forecasts and budgets, plus the usual day to day assistance associated with the running of an efficient Finance function. This requires a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Production and consolidation of monthly financial/management accounts and daily snapshot reports
- Ownership of all control account reconciliations
- Monthly cash forecasting and the communication of forecasts
- Deal with revenue recognition, tax, pension and other accounting queries and issues
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory accounts, submission of VAT returns and liaison with HMRC on tax matters
- Assisting with the audit process to minimise the audit spend through better reporting
- Verifying invoice accuracy and ensuring correct purchase orders - if incorrect, communicate errors to suppliers and internal stakeholders to resolve
- Monitoring credit card account and preparing summaries for individual project costing
- Assisting with Credit Control to ensure payment terms are adhered to
- Checking and posting daily bank account transactions
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Inter-company reconciliations and bank transfers
- Posting cash onto ledgers
- Preparing monthly schedules for accruals, credits and prepayments
- Preparing and e-mailing daily sales snapshot reports
- Preparing EC Sales Report for HM Revenues and Customs
- Invoice Finance reconciliations
The successful candidate must possess excellent organisation skills and be able to work in a highly pressurised environment. You must be motivated, conscientious and be able to keep calm in stressful situations. Good communication skills are essential along with the ability to be versatile and fit in with a changeable workload.
The successful candidate must have previous experience using Sage 200 and ideally be advanced with using Excel.
Please note due to the high volume of applicants we receive, if you have not heard from us within 7 working days, please assume that on this occasion you have not been short-listed.