Senior Compliance Adviser - Advice and Policy
Police Mutual has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Compliance Adviser to join our Compliance Team on a Permanent basis at our Lichfield office.
The purpose of the role is to provide compliance support in relation to compliance with the Financial Conduct Authority's (FCA) and relevant overseas regulators' rules and guidance, FCA related ABI matters, Financial Ombudsman Service guidance, data protection/privacy legislation and guidance and AML/financial crime prevention legislation.
In this role you will???
- Identify relevant regulatory developments.
- Interpret regulatory developments accurately and in a timely way, ensuring appropriate actions are taken, engaging with the wider business as appropriate.
- Review financial promotions and key customer communications for compliance with applicable rules and guidance and provide comprehensive, and constructive feedback.
- Provide comprehensive, pragmatic advice on business as usual activities and change initiatives across the entire customer journey.
- Review and update regulatory authorisations, permissions and licences.
- Support the HR team in the management of approved persons and key function holders.
- Oversee the implementation of actions to ensure breaches are dealt with effectively and conduct regulator notifiability assessments.
- Input into the review of Group Policies and the Governance Map.
- Provide guidance on the content of regulatory training material and initiatives.
- Coordinate information requests from regulators.
You will need to demonstrate???
- Thorough and detailed understanding of FCA regulatory requirements in particular in relation to the sale and administration of life and pensions, mortgage advice, the sale and the sale and administration of general insurance and pure protection products, financial promotions, customer communications, complaints handling and the approved persons regime.
- Excellent knowledge of the Data Protection Act, associated requirements and current developments.
- Excellent knowledge of AML/financial crime matters.
- Experience of representing the compliance function as part of a project team in relation to regulatory changes, product developments and business initiatives.
- At least five years' experience in a similar role, supported by relevant industry/professional qualifications.
In return we provide a great working environment together with a comprehensive training and induction programme. We offer a fantastic Employee Benefits package including; a competitive salary complemented by 24 days holiday (this increases in service) plus bank holidays ;life assurance; private healthcare PLUS flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, discounts on financial products and consumer goods
This is a fantastic opportunity and if you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this challenging and rewarding role, please apply now!