Care Assistant - HCA
At Newcross, we believe providing great care is so much more than a set of actions, it’s about empowering each individual to live their life to the best of their abilities
That is why our local Shrewsbury branch is seeking the most compassionate and empathetic Care Assistants / HCAs to join our team, working to support local clients in the Oswestry area.The Role
Working as a Nursing Home Care Assistant means you will be involved in ensuring each resident receives an excellent standard of care that meets their personal care plan. Personal care could include: dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose.
We particularly have positions working in nursing homes so experience in this type of environment is preferrable.
You will be part of the local team delivering the highest standard of person-centred care. It's important that you share our commitment to excellence and have a genuine passion for enhancing the well-being of those in your care.Newcross Benefits:
- Salary of up to £11.96/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Local line manager and branch support team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
As a nurse or care employee of Newcross, expect job satisfaction that goes beyond other nursing agencies. Our nursing and care assistant jobs come with peace-of-mind as our staff are employed on a permanent basis and with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.The Local Branch:
Your local branch is home to one of the largest and longest running horticultural events in England - The Shrewsbury Flower show. It also was the birthplace of the naturalist Charles Darwin were he also grew up. You can find our branch at the Business Park near the River Severn.
We cover areas such from Whitchurch, Telford, Ludlow, Newtown and all towns in between!You will need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in residential, care and nursing environments
- Referees from all employments (and places of study if applicable) for the past 3 years
- NVQ2 in Health and Social Care highly preferable
- Up-to-date moving and handling training or a commitment to do the training with us
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75611604