An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Accountant to join a leading company within the Specialist Chemical Industry based in Tamworth. In return, we offer a competitive salary of £22K per annum depending on experience, 20 days holiday, along with an optional private health cover scheme and optional pension scheme.
We are an independent distributor of chemical products used for repair and maintenance within industrial, construction and engineering environments (including the nuclear power and energy sectors). Our products are considered “high-end” and as such this role presents an opportunity to work with some of the biggest names in the industry.
The Assistant Accountant will support the Finance Manager in a number of areas including the preparation of monthly Management Accounts and reconciliation of all accompanying Balance Sheet Control Accounts, along with the monitoring of cash flows, forecasts and budgets, plus the usual day to day assistance associated with the running of an efficient Finance function. This requires a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality.
Duties will include:
- The production and consolidation of monthly financial/management accounts and daily snapshot reports
- Ownership of all control account reconciliations
- Monthly cash forecasting and the communication of forecasts
- Deal with revenue recognition, tax, pension and other accounting queries and issues
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory accounts, submission of VAT returns and liaison with HMRC on tax matters.
- Work with internal and external audit teams to achieve efficient audits
- Assisting with the audit process across the Group to minimise the audit spend through better reporting
- Taking ownership of and responsibility for the integrity of the general ledger
- Verifying invoice accuracy and ensuring correct purchase orders
- Monitoring credit card account and preparing summaries for individual project costing
- Assisting with Credit Control to ensure payment terms are adhered to
- Liaising with stakeholders to verify completion of works/delivery of services and products
- Checking and posting daily bank account transactions.
- Posting cash onto ledgers
- Preparing and e-mailing daily cash sheet for company directors.
- Assisting with the monitoring and reporting of the Group’s cashflow and developing rolling cash flow forecasts.
- Preparing monthly schedules for accruals, credits and prepayments
- Preparing and e-mailing daily sales snapshot reports
- Preparing EC Sales Report for HM Revenues & Customs
- Implementation of a robust prepayment and accruals process and overseeing the provisioning for bad debts
The successful Assistant Accountant will have:
- Previous experience in a similar accounting role
- Knowledge of Sage 200 ideally
- Excellent IT skills and ideally to Advanced level with Excel
- A motivated and conscientious approach with the ability to keep calm in stressful situations
- Ability to work as part of a team player as well as on own initiative
- Good communication skills
The hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 5.00 pm (30 minutes lunch break unpaid).
We are a people company first and foremost and we have fantastic and loyal staff. As a family business we prioritise a welcoming and sociable culture in which we all enjoy working together to provide an excellent service. We are looking for a committed individual who enjoys working as part of a team as well as taking responsibility to manage themselves and their role. If you would like to be part of this team then please apply now to be considered for the Assistant Accountant role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75657819