Cook (16 Hours/Week) at Red Hill - Includes Weekends
Shaw healthcare are currently recruiting for a Cook to deliver a quality of food preparation and delivery to our service users in line with our care principles of 'wellness, happiness, and kindness', from within our Kitchen.
You will work under the direction of a Senior Cook and together with the Catering Team to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met.
Essential Skills & Duties of a Cook:
- Relevant Cooking / Food Qualifications, i.e. NVQ, Level 1, City & Guilds 706/1, BTEC, QCF;
- Assist the Senior Cook in cooking and planning a varied and nutritious diet within provided budgets, whilst taking into account nutritional and dietary needs;
- Deputise in all aspects of the duties of the Senior Cook in their absence;
- The ability to effectively communicate with care staff, service users and visitors;
- Maintain high standards of food hygiene and food safety to ensure all controls, recording and monitoring required by CHEFFS manual are carried out effectively;
Experience in a similar cook's role is an advantage and you will be asked to verify your qualifications, we will also consider applications from applicants with relevant verified experience in cooking.
The role will include working alternative weekends
As the role involves working with vulnerable people your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including referencing and Disclosure and Barring Service check.
What we offer
Shaw healthcare offer comprehensive training to our Registered Nurse via our Learning & Development Department.
What benefits will I receive?
- Shaw healthcare have an excellent employee benefit programme, which includes:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Paid annual leave - 20 days per year plus Bank Holidays
- Corporate 2 day induction and mandatory training e.g. moving and handling
- Nest pension scheme
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Meals while on Shift
- Free Parking
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £600)
- Child care vouchers
- Quarterly incentive scheme
- Excellent development and promotion opportunities
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75667495