Highways England is recruiting for Customer Contact Centre Advisors to be based at our National Traffic Operations Centre in Quinton, Birmingham.
The National Traffic Operations Centre and Regional Centres are responsible for keeping customers moving safely through helpful, accurate and timely information, dynamic traffic management and the efficient resolution of incidents, providing real time services to customers using the strategic road network and is responsible for the 24/7 365 day operation to support the delivery of a safe and reliable network with well-informed users
As a Customer Contact Centre Advisor, you will represent Highways England as the principal point of contact for customers written and telephone communications. You will ensure up to date information is available for customers and stakeholders and you will be expected to communicate with a variety of individuals from the Chief Executive to members of the public. This role will enable you to move on to develop skills learnt in the wider Highways England organisation
Day to Day:
- Answer incoming calls, including those from real time issues, on behalf of colleagues in Regional Centres.
- Processing written communications on behalf of Highways England
- Respond to customer contact via telephone, email and letters
- Maintain accurate logs of customer contacts
- Interrogate customer logs in the provision of information for the wider Highways England
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure effective response to enquiries.
- Maintain and update the contacts database.
- Promote Highways England and its services to staff and external contacts
- Accept personal responsibility for safety of self and others, reporting unsafe conditions and near miss incidents
Work Shift Pattern - based on a 24/7 shift pattern, 365 days a year. You will work a rotational pattern of 6 shifts, followed by 3 rest days. The pattern comprises as 3 Early shift, 3 Late shift, 3 Rest days, 3 Cover shift, 3 Night shift 3 Rest days. Early shift 05.50 - 14.15, Late shift 14.00 - 22.25 and Night shift 21.35 - 06.00, Cover shift can be of any shift type notified at least 28 days in advance.
Work to achieve key performance indicators - speed to answer customer contacts, time spent in handling customer contacts and the accuracy achieved in responding to customer contacts
To be successful in this role we are looking for applicants who have;
- Minimum of 6 months experience of working in a customer focused environment delivering services through telephone, email and letters
- Evidence of effective communication via the telephone and through written communications.
- Experience of interrogating information to form an opinion and make sound decisions.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment with an ability to multitask with a good level of grammar and written work. (Listening, extracting and recording information which can be relayed concisely).
- Evidence of engaging effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Proficiency in a range of Microsoft office software products including Outlook Office 2003, Word and Excel.
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75673651