APQP Engineer - Vehicle Manufacturing - Uttoxeter
Can you accelerate the deployment of APQP into the supply base in order to support project deliverables of increasing product launch activity? Based in the Midlands but with considerable travel this role will require you to ensure 'Right First Time' and demonstrated capability to support new product launch on time, through correct deployment of a broad Quality tool kit. You will liaise closely with internal business units and external supply base contacts of all levels.
Responsibilities and Duties will sit across five core areas (Quality/Cost/Innovation/Delivery/Management) and will include;
· To ensure that the New Product Introduction Process is being fully supported for the identified 'at risk' suppliers. This includes the supplier's manufacturing processes, manufacture & supply of 'first off' new parts, ISIR compliance, 100% RFT for early production batches.
· Ensure timely project reporting and escalation of issues that may have an adverse effect on project milestones.
· To provide training and coaching in application of APQP elements relative to process capability and control e.g. PFMEA, Control Plan, MSA, Process Capability, SPC.
· Offer a knowledge of Problem Solving methodology and a proactive approach to issue resolution.
· Support activity of New Supplier Audits, to ensure that they are conducted according to Group Supplier Development Procedure and that all new suppliers are capable of meeting requirements.
· Make recommendations on new supplier additions to the approved supplier base, making sure that minimum requirements are met (ISO9001:2008) & that the standard supplier assessment is completed.
· To support supplier cost reduction activities through a Supply Chain Integration approach i.e. including Operational efficiency improvements, Lean transformations, VA/VE activities and Collaborative cost reduction activities.
· Oversee the translation oflessons learnt from current manufacture into new product processes to ensure optimised cost of manufacture
· To keep updated on new manufacturing technologies and processes in support of optimised cost of manufacture.
· Contribute to, and utilise risk assessment matrix to identify prioritised supplier APQP activity, and Production Readiness where appropriate
· Maintain APQP elements related to Process and Quality are completed in time with project milestones and information is available for gate reviews
· Ensure that nominated suppliers have demonstrable Delivery and Capacity to achieve both Job 1 requirements and subsequent production ramp up.
· To liaise proactively with suppliers and stakeholders to facilitate timely communication of progress and concerns
· Be comfortable leading technical aspects relating to product quality within cross functional team
· To support departmental team in correct deployment of APQP tools and techniques and ensure team skill gaps are addressed where identified on department skills matrix.
· Maintain an up-to-date Skill Matrix for self, and actively manage personal development.
A minimum HND, Degree or equivalent qualification in manufacturing or engineering, with particular emphasis on Quality management is required for this role, as is relevant industry experience with a in a supply chain development, engineering or technical role, preferably with an Automotive OEM or Tier 1. If keen to learn more please contact Grant Nisbet on 01384 446115 or email
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75696739