Commercial Intelligence Manager
The Commercial Team Leader role sits within Commercial Intelligence, which is responsible for improving Highway England's capability as an intelligent commercial client. It achieves this by maintaining robust cost capture processes, reporting unit cost movement and reviewing all aspects of the cost base to determine underlying trends, reasons for cost movement and efficiency opportunities. It is also responsible for commercial assurance and control of the end to end efficiency delivery process including the commercial interface with ORR in connection with the efficiency target.
Day to Day:
- Lead the analysis of a wide variety of complex commercial / financial data to provide reasoned advice to internal and external clients.
- Creation and maintenance of Unit Cost Dashboards; understand the principal cost drivers and use this intelligence to help the business make better decisions to aid delivery of future schemes.
- Use previous experience of performance reporting to challenge robustness of data and identify ways to improve dashboards to aid future decision making.
- Lead on reporting of cost activities to ensure a consistent approach, to inform decision making and that opportunities for improvements and efficiencies are identified.
- Use cost intelligence data to evidence £1.2bn of efficiencies over the next four years to our regulator.
- Understand which inflation indices are available in the market place and use these to adjust unit prices to a common reference date.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests from both the regulator and other customers across Highways England and deliver reports to challenging timescales.
• Experience of managing and manipulating large data sets in Microsoft Excel.
• Proven experience of using a variety of different inflation indices to ensure price data remains current.
• Proven experience of interpreting benchmarking data across the roads sector and wider infrastructure industry both within the UK and further afield.
• Proven experience of converting data into intelligence and apply it to improve decision making.
• Identify ways to achieve efficiencies on future schemes based on historic analysis.
• Track record of having worked in a regulatory environment highly desirable.
• Produce simplified reports tailored to meet the expectations of our stakeholders.
• Identify ways to improve robustness of commercial reporting and provide intelligence based on your detailed knowledge of both the schemes and the data.
• Either part qualified towards or willingness to undertake one of the following qualifications:
- Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
- Qualified accountant from recognised UK accountancy body
- Institute of Civil Engineers
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply
• Experience of providing cost analysis either for a minimum of four years or for two years with a relevant degree or professional qualification.
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75714862