You will be required to support the Proposals Manager and the preconstruction team in the production of winning proposals and bids in accordance with required timescales and corporate processes in order to secure new business opportunities for the region and convert these into confirmed work.
Assist the Proposals Manager and preconstruction team in the production and timely submission of prequalification proposals and tenders, including:
- Reviewing and understanding client prequalification and tender documentation;
- Identifying key deliverables, constraints and USP’s;
- Editing the technical written work of others to improve its structure, readability, brevity, grammar, spelling and punctuation;
- Producing presentations, organisation charts and CV’s and supporting documents as required;
- Checking draft submissions adequately answer the questions and sourcing information to address omissions;
- Designing and executing bid folders and dividers as required;
- Using online tendering portals;
- To be aware of business continuity processes via Line Manager;
- Act as the Proposals Manager on small, non-complex proposals and bids ensuring adherence to company standards and procedures and the attainment of critical deadlines;
- Assist the Proposals Manager in the maintenance and development of the region’s Project Details Database, Standard Responses Database, CV Database and Photo Library ensuring details are recorded in a timely and accurate manner and updated as appropriate. This includes collecting raw data and may require travel to other offices and construction sites;
- Assist the Proposals Manager in the completion of standard information sections of proposals and bids and assist the Regional Secretary in ensuring that this information is updated as appropriate;
- Assist the Proposals Manager in responding to requests for information from other regions in an accurate and timely manner;
- Support the Business Development Manager in opportunity tracking and research as required;
- Support the Business Development team in the organisation of regional events as required;
- Support the Business Development Team in the production of regional marketing collateral including brochures and display boards;
- Any other activity required to support the Business Development and Bid team.
Knowledge skills & experience
The candidate will ideally:
- Have experience of working in a proposal / bid environment and in preparing proposal and bid documents;
- Have experience in working in a construction environment;
- Have experience of working with internal and external customers and meeting their expectations;
- Have some knowledge of construction processes and practices;
- Have a qualification in graphic design, marketing or business – but combinations of education and experience with a willingness to undertake new training will also be considered.
- Have a full driving licence and be able to work away from base office when required;
- Be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills and good numerical skills;
- Pay excellent attention to detail;
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Be proficient in using IT – in particular MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign and Photoshop;
- Have excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage own workload;
- Be able to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines without excessive supervision;
- Be flexible regarding working hours when proposals and bids are due;
- Recognise the deadline driven nature of the role;
- Be able to work on their own using their own initiative;
- Be a team player who is willing to adapt to the changing priorities of the business.
Additional job board text
We are looking for an experienced Proposals Assistant to work from our office in Erdington, Birmingham. Please note, we will be relocating from our current office in Erdington, Birmingham to our new Head Quarters in Bickenhill Lane, Solihull from Q1 2018. This role is offered on a full time and permanent basis. In return we are offering a competitive salary, flexible benefits, 26 days annual leave entitlement, share plans, company pension and private medical insurance.
As part of our recruitment process all job offers are subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.62 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
We are an Investors in Diversity accredited Company & committed to equal opportunities for all.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75721862