Head of Quality
I am working with a growing online retailer of Home product in the UK. They are recruiting for a Head of Quality to join their team based in Head Office in Nuneaton.
With a strong brand identity and focus on quality for competitive prices, my client is one of the leading online retailers in their field. Their lively head office is based in Nuneaton where this Head of Quality role will be based.
The Head of Quality will be expected to;
- Participate in the technical development of product.
- Work in partnership with Buyers, Merchandisers and other job functions to promote team delivery.
- Ensure that the product is developed and manufactured to a specified quality standard which meets ethical, legal and brand requirements.
- Contribute towards process improvements both internally, and externally.
- Work with the China Q.C and buying team to ensure product continuity & improvement throughout the sealing, production and Q.C process.
- Understand the customer through customer returns and customer feedback.
- Effectively manage and input into the closure of product issues to agreed timescales
- Ensure that the team and suppliers have the information required to develop and produce the product within the critical path timelines.
- Contribute to the creation of a supplier strategy and appraisal for the department, for forthcoming seasons.
- Liaise with the china team & suppliers to ensure they are aware of, and on board with the Code of Conduct.
- Have market and competitor awareness with a view to contributing to profit: adding value and reducing costs.
- Participate in relevant Technical projects.
- Travel within the UK and offshore as required, to carry out product development or to ensure supplier compliance.
- Work with logistics and support with the packaging improvements to ultimately improve damages and returns rates.
- Assist logistic and merchandise team in ensuring the effective management of the spares process.
- Manage and update supplier handbooks and guidelines for both domestic and international supply base.
The successful candidate will;
- Be an established Quality Manager level ready to take the next step in their career
- Ideally have experience working for a retailer
- Ideally have experience working with bathroom product or similar
- Work well within a fast-paced and dynamic working environment
- Ideally have a knowledge of international compliance
- Enjoy working in a non-corporate environment
According to experience
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75731076