Portfolio and Programme Management Lead
Due to continued growth and investment, Highways England is currently looking to recruit a new Programme Management Lead to our Strategy & Planning Team in Birmingham.
The successful applicant will lead the analysis and reporting function for the Strategy and Planning, to ensure schemes and other programmes are successfully delivered. To ensure required governance processes are implemented and followed at the Directorate level, and are in compliance with appropriate Highways England and Departmental frameworks. To manage the efficient coordination of the programmes, projects, work-streams and services to ensure that the most effective balance is maintained between the realisation of future improvements and the efficient delivery of existing operations, in alignment with the strategic objectives of the business.
Day to day
- Design, manage and deliver portfolio reporting information for all key stakeholder groups to ensure all stakeholders are informed of portfolio progress and performance records are retained for ORR inspection where required and to support the management of the S&P directorate.
- Co-ordinate and support successful delivery of the S&P Portfolio using Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) or equivalent methodology, enabling S&P projects and programmes to achieve successful business outcomes in line with Portfolio and Programme management best practice.
- Lead on the annual business planning process and the development of the Directorate's Business Plan
- Provide effective planning and reporting functions to enable effective decision making, comply with the gateway and other review activities, and monitor progress against plans, risks & issues
- Provide analysis and presentation of information and data to senior management and key stakeholders.
- Experience of working in a structured project management or project office environment (preferably PRINCE2, or equivalent)
- Technical competence in the areas of Portfolio Management, Programme Management, and Project Management evidenced by appropriate qualifications and a track record of successful roles in this field
- Excellent PMO skills, with the ability to prioritise workload and deadlines
- Able to engage effectively with staff at all levels, especially senior members of the team as candidate will be required to deputise for the Head of Programme Office
- A good understanding of the Office of Government Commerce (OC) / Major Projects Authority (MPA) / Infrastructure and Projects Authority (IPA) approach to Gateway Review and Assurance
- Evidence of working successfully to influence Programmes, Projects and Project Managers both in and out of the immediate team.
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75754473