Capital Monitoring Team Leader
The capital monitoring team leader will manage the client sponsorship of enhancement schemes and develop the relationship with our Capital Portfolio Management team to ensure they maintain appropriate delivery of the capital and enhancement programme to the specifications of the RIS. You will work in a dedicated and committed team who want to make a positive difference for our customers, stakeholders and wider business. With the division and team being new, there are great opportunities to learn and develop.
Day to day
The role is within the newly formed RIS Compliance and Monitoring Division. We work both within Highways England and with our key stakeholders DfT, Transport Focus and Office of Road and Rail (ORR). You will focus on working with the delivery and operational arms of the business; acting as the internal client sponsor for enhancement schemes, namely Tier 2 major projects and small schemes in our Operations Directorate. You will support the business to ensure we have a clearly defined scope for the RIS1 schemes, so that the business is clear about what needs to be delivered and any changes managed through formal change control can be articulated and understood.
You will take responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and effective business processes - identifying improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organisation change. You will also have day-to-day line management responsibility for three team members. The role is base in Birmingham, but travel to London and the other Highways England offices should be expected.
This role will focus on the critical strategic issues around managing the client sponsorship of schemes. You will support the Head of Capital Sponsorship by developing best practice approach for current and future frameworks for sponsorship. You will engage regularly with the capital portfolio team and communicate expectations and requirements across the business. You will need a background in regulation and/or monitoring and have good analytical and process skills.
We are looking for a highly motivated and pro-active individual who wants a role that would see you working across the business, with stakeholders and technical specialists. This individual will have the following business knowledge, along with the essential experience and technical skills to deliver high quality outcomes.
- Significant experience of developing and running large infrastructure capital projects, managing risk & compliance within a diverse operating environment.
- Experience in project management within large infrastructure projects.
- Understanding of legislation and regulation applied to Highways England/the transport industry, with understanding of the impact of Government policy and other social and economic factors.
- Working in a changing environment, illustrating an open transparent and collaborative approach to building internal and external relationships.
- Significant experience in a highly visible, transparent and scrutinised environment or similar for either a regulator or regulated/monitored Company.
- Track record in managing a team and assist their development, motivating and ensure an engaged team operating as one.
- Either specialist qualification or experience of working in a utility or infrastructure regulated/monitoring environment.
- Understanding of programme and project management, delivery, data and analytics, in relation to costing, cost drivers and risk.
- Experience of manging regulatory risk and compliance within a diverse operating environment, with knowledge of governance guidelines, compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Capability to absorb complex information with meticulous eye for detail.
- Competence to consult, facilitate, and advice, including the capability to communicate effectively with leadership and senior staff members.
We look forward to hearing from you. So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet the role, and Highways England, requirements.
And to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible. We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong.
Help keep England moving.
Apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75763382