Yard Assistant - Jewson - Rugby
In everything we do, we aim to provide a personalised, knowledgeable and trustworthy service – efficiently helping both trades’ people and the general public in achieving their goals. For you, that means a fantastic work ethic, a happy environment and a great team around you.
This role will be servicing customers outside of the branch in the yard. You will use your dedication and enthusiasm for customer service to help maintain the branch and yards high standards and efficiency. You’ll also need to operate a forklift truck to ensure our delivery drivers get in and out in double quick time. A licence would be of an advantage however this is not essential as we can organise training.
What will I be doing in the role?
- You will be required to provide outstanding customer service.
- Your duties will include dealing with customers on a day to day basis in the yard building long term relationships.
- You will ensure all sales orders are promptly processed to meet customer needs.
- You will assist in the loading and unloading of vehicles.
- Ensuring minimum stock shrinkage and accurate daily stock counts
- You will maintain stock levels and ensure that all goods are correctly priced via label checks
- You will maintain all stock in shop and yard areas to a high standard of health and safety and neatness
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
What do we look for in a Yard Sales Assistant?
- You should have some customer service experience. If you know what great services looks like, sounds like and feels like. That’s really important to us.
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to multi task, prioritise and work under pressure
- Positive outlook
- A warm and friendly nature
- You’ll be a personable and excellent team player.
- More importantly, we are looking for someone with the right attitude and behaviours. Someone who is eager to learn and really develop themselves and the service our company can offer.
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday (increasing to 33 with service)
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.