BIM Implementation Manager
The key responsibilities for the role is to support and execute the day to day implementation of our mature integrated BIM strategy across our construction projects. The candidate will be responsible for the effective implementation and compliant adoption of BIM Processes on a portfolio of projects. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to join support the implementation strategy and join our dynamic BIM Core Team so contributing to our broader BIM Strategy. This core team has been established to be a small team of practical BIM professionals each with a unique specialism to bring to the company. Each member must be capable of establishing core BIM processes across a portfolio of projects but in addition we’re seeking to employ a range of specialism’s in the team so we have a go-to person to support the group and influence strategy where appropriate.
This is a highly rewarding role that places the successful candidate at the centre of our ambitious BIM strategy and so at the forefront of our ambitious BIM implementation allowing candidates to thrive as a BIM expert and develop their specialist knowledge.
- Reporting to the National BIM Manager, the BIM Implementation Manager role will manage a portfolio of projects across the business helping them to achieve their digital objectives and deadlines in line with the Interserve BIM Strategy;
- Day-to-day work may involve interaction with the primary design team and core project delivery team, hosting BIM planning workshops and compiling compelling tender responses, training, presenting, mentoring, coaching, trouble shooting, mediation, auditing the team, influencing the way they work and the data they produce would all be part of the role;
- The candidate will be expected to embed themselves into the project teams and help them to learn the processes, software and generally promote the adoption of new tools/processes;
Responsible for liaising pro-actively with project teams and the timely creation of BIM Execution Plans (BEP);
- Responsible for regular auditing of BEP compliance and model quality check reporting;
Training of/Impart knowledge to project team members in the production, QA, sharing and use of digital construction information. Especially the identification and fixing of quality control issues;
- Agree and record performance measures for your projects. Including the capture of savings through best practice and costs of non-conformance;
- Regular reports on project performance;
- Maintain a high level of competency of software through continued use and training
- To support and be familiar with own role and responsibility in respect of Business Continuity; Planning. Ensuring that team members are also aware of the plans and communicates same;
- Meet regularly to share knowledge, good ideas and mitigate risks so to best serve the wider business and future projects;
- Support the creation of associated implementation materials;
- Best practice documentation/Guidance notes for Marketing and Training material;
- Host and develop routine training sessions in his/her specialism.
Knowledge skills & experience
- If this is an opportunity which sounds of interest to you, you will need to have the following attributes to be considered:
- The candidate must be familiar with applying BIM Standards in accordance with UK best practice (Chiefly BS1192, PAS1192 pt2,3,4,5);
- Builds relationships with internal customers, external suppliers and support teams;
- Solutions Focused - working in an environment where ready-made answers are not always available;
- Construction Aware – Have an understanding of design and its application in estimating, planning and construction management;
- Enthusiastic and positive team player - Giving the project team confidence in the use of BIM;
- Excellent Communicator with confident presentation skills – Clearly guiding the whole project team to a coordinated and successful outcome;
- Focus on Quality – Understands and maintains quality levels within BIM data and processes;
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to construction sites and design team offices as required;
- Keen interest in technology and a desire to improve processes;
- Professional appearance and manner - Implementing change can be a roller-coaster! Candidate must represent Interserve professionally in challenging situations.
Qualifications and Specialist Training:
- Professional Qualification or Working toward would be an advantage as proof of rounded nature;
- Must have demonstrable experience & knowledge of BIM authoring tools;
- A demonstrable knowledge of Navisworks/Solibri an advantage;
- CSCS Card for site visits;
- Must have demonstrable experience & knowledge of tools appropriate to specialism (5D or Field Tools);
- Excellent written English for tender responses;
- Relevant Job Experience.
We seek a well-rounded construction professional from a design, engineering or planning background with a rounded appreciation of construction processes and roles. For the avoidance of doubt, a technical Ex-CAD manager is not what we’re seeking in this particular role at present.
Experience in adoption of BIM processes in large construction projects from bid stage through to completion;
Practical knowledge within a specialist area such as Design Management & Coordination BIM to Field applications (Laser scanning and survey applications).
Specialist Knowledge & Competencies
Balancing Technology & People Skills – Collaboration is the key. We recognise that successful BIM Implementation demands a high level of people-skills in the form of communication, collaboration and proactive approach is important.
Summary: The successful candidate will combine this collaborative and professional attitude with a proven BIM competency, a thorough approach to quality control and a zest for sharing best practice with like minded people.
Additional job board text
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.62 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
We are an Investors in Diversity accredited Company & committed to equal opportunities for all.
We are looking for an experienced BIM Implementation Manager to work from our offices in George Road, Birmingham. Please note, we will be relocating from our current office in Erdington, Birmingham to our new Head Quarters in Bickenhill Lane, Solihull from Q1 2018. This role is offered on a full time and permanent basis. In return we are offering a competitive salary, plus company car/allowance,flexible benefits, 24 days annual leave entitlement, share plans, company pension and private medical insurance.
As part of our recruitment process all job offers are subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75720686