Health and Safety Officer (Engineering Biased)
The role of Health & Safety Officer at Epson Telford Limited will be responsible for the monitoring and constant improvement of the sites Health and Safety systems in line with current legislation and guidelines as set by the British Safety Council. In addition the role holder must play an active part in the development of Robotic and Automation Solutions.
Additional duties will include support in the environmental management control at Epson Telford Ltd.
Key areas of this role will include:
- Assist Assistant SHE Manager in complying with current Health and Safety legislation and/or regulations with the objective of ensuring that all reasonable and proper measures are taken to protect the safety and health of all staff and visitors.
- Provide advice and guidance company wide on Health and Safety matters inclusive of being responsible for outlining safe operational procedures that identify all relevant hazards and accurately assess risks.
- Support the Technical development team with Robotics and Automation projects with all aspects to Health and Safety.
- Ensure maintenance of third party Health and Safety standards (British Safety council / ISO45001).
- Carry out safety training, as and when necessary, including all training related to workplace assessments.
- Chair Health and Safety Representative meetings, coordinate actions and assure regular updates / skill up of the Health and Safety team.
- Support Assistant SHE Manager to develop preventative and remedial programmes of health & safety.
- Support Assistant SHE Manager in the annual setting of Environmental objectives and targets.
- Responsible for the control, monitoring and registration of all chemicals utilised via the use of ECHEM and COSHH systems.
- Co-ordination with Seiko Epson Corporation for REACH requirements and regulations
- Support in third Party ISO14001 audits and complete internal Environmental audits as specified.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of respective monthly KPI’s assuring accuracy and evident PDCA.
- Ensure all reports / activities are completed to deadline dates as established on SHE reporting checklist.
- Company wide auditor for Health and Safety, Environmental and 5S.
- NEBOSH Certificate.
- Minimum 3 years H&S experience.
- Experience of working within an Automation / Engineering environment.
- Experience of working to ISO14001 standards.
A global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a line-up that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, smart glasses, sensing systems and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Group comprises more than 73,000 employees in 91 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75774111