Quality Assurance Manager - 6 months immediate
Quality and Assurance Manager - 6 Month Contract - Immediate Start
We are recruiting for one of the nation's largest commercial companies who provide an extensive range of construction services including construction management, general contracting, design and build and preconstruction.
An opportunity has arisen for a proactive Quality and Assurance Manager to join our team in Birmingham on a 6 month temporary contract. The successful candidate will lead of the co-ordination, submission, compliance and management of all assurance activities and the resolution of assurance related issues including requests for information, technical queries and the management of defects.
- Prepare, implement, and maintain the Technical Assurance Plan (TAP), which governs how the companies plans, manages and discharges its assurance obligations
- Develop an organisational structure for managing Technical Assurance, including establishing responsibilities and accountabilities for assurance within the design and construction teams
- Reviewing and developing systems and processes for the management and control of site information, data, design and construction related documentation and records
- Establishing an approach to managing subcontractors and other supplier's assurance and providing guidance and training to construction team deliver this approach
- Reviewing the quality procedures of major sub-contractors and suppliers and when necessary, undertaking audits of their Quality Management Systems
- Working with design teams to ensure the coordination of interfaces with Statutory Undertakers, Rail Systems contractors, Enabling Works contractors and Others
- Supporting the construction teams establish test and inspection plans for review and acceptance prior to construction activities being undertaken
- Maintaining a close working relationship with project team to ensure the incorporation of buildability and maintainability, whole life value, sustainability and safety requirements in design, construction, operations and maintenance
- Establishing a "right first time" culture to design development, planning, and construction of the works and developing a collaborative and progressive approach to assurance
- Regularly audit the project against the defined quality and assurance arrangements, including field auditing of production teams. Report on the results of surveillance and audit
- Establish and report against quality performance KPIs. Analysing their results and reporting causes of failure to project management.
- Contributing to the continued improvement of quality performance through performance review and identification of appropriate training/coaching.
- Demonstrate the companies behaviours
- Collaborate relentlessly
- Ensure a relentless focus on Health & Safety
- Qualified to Diploma level/Degree level or similar equivalent
- Experience in managing quality and assurance in a complex multi-disciplinary environment
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills
- Relevant Construction Industry experience
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
To apply for this role please send through your CV for consideration and we will be in touch should your experience match our criteria. Open to all experience candidates who are available for an immediate start. Due to high volume we are only able to contact those who have been shortlisted.
Advantage xPO is in the top 1% of staffing companies in the world. With a truly global footprint. Advantage xPO specialises in recruitment outsourcing. Working with some of the leading employers around the world, Advantage offers global contract and permanent career opportunities across a wide range of industries and sectors.
Advantage xPO: services offered are those of an employment agency for permanent work and/or employment business for the supply of contract/temporary work.