Head Cook based in Oswestry, Shropshire offering a salary of £16, 672 - based on working 37.5 hours per week. This post is daytime hours only (8.30am to 4pm) , you will have every other weekend off, and Christmas and New Year shutdown period.We are an Ofsted “Outstanding” college. We support students with learning difficulties and disabilities to live the life they want and to be as independent as they can be. We work hard to develop the skills needed for employment and independent living - our aim is to recruit the best possible staff to deliver this first class experience to our students. We are a Disability Confident employer and we offer a guaranteed interview scheme for suitable applicants.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Head Cook to join our team across all Hospitality and Catering team. You will liaise with the Events Manager and Supervisor to plan, budget, prepare and cook meals of excellent quality across all Hospitality and Catering outlets.
The role of Head Cook:
- Liaise with supervisors regarding food ordering, budgeting and menu planning.
- Cover for HCS staff during periods of annual leave and sickness
- To be flexible across all HCS food outlets
- To have knowledge of and implement hygiene and food safety rules within a busy food environment
- Implementing dietary requirements where appropriate
- Liaise with supervisors to implement health and safety, risk assessments, COSHH and other related administrative roles
- Assist with internal/ external events
- Support in student/ client work experience where required
The ideal Head Cook:
- NVQ level 2 food preparation and cooking
- Level 2 food hygiene certificate or equivalent desirable
- Experience in a kitchen environment
- Enthusiasm and ability to work as part of a term or alone
- Excellent team leading and organisational skills
- Good knowledge of nutrition and dietary requirements.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and adults at risk and expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75856629