Growing manufacturing organisation looking for a forward thinking, motivated buyer with a thorough understanding of procurement practices, to work effectively as part of a small team to embrace continuous improvement and support company growth.
Over the last three years my manufacturing client has experienced significant growth, gaining new customers in the automotive sector and growing with their legacy customers, through continued great service and supplier customer relationships. This buyer role has been created within the Purchasing department to compliment the company growth and support the current team in developing and implementing effective procurement processes and ultimately a strong supply base to service our business needs for the future.
Key responsibilities of the buyer will include:
- Analysing usages to make supplier commitments
- Place purchase orders and schedules to meet global procurement requirements.
- Making rounded sourcing decisions incorporating quality, delivery and landed cost considerations.
- Managing supplier performance.
- Support supplier rationalisation programme.
- Identifying commercial opportunities and drive them through to implementation.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Commercial acumen.
- Communication and negotiation.
- Data analysis.
- Organisation and planning.
- IT literate.
- Excel (Advanced Excel would be a significant advantage)
£25,000 - £28,000
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75863861