Additional Works Estimator
The Additional Works Estimator will be responsible for monitoring and processing of all small, additional, recommendation and remedial works following PPM for the Home Office contract via task order process. This will involve liaising and obtaining quotes via supply chain and direct labour to calculate and submit accurate costs and quotations to the client. Submitting quotations within the agreed contract SLA, on a standard template to the client and coordinating delivery of works through to completion.
With providing additional works support to the Assistant Commercial Manager for the contract to ensure contractual commitments are met with maximising revenue and profit margin on the contract. This will involve the co-ordination and management of small out of scope works requests, obtaining and creating quotations via the approved preferred supply chain and direct labour delivery functions. The role is integral to the projects and operational teams by ensuring the progress of additional work is tracked, updated and progressed to completion through the IFM and Client CAFM systems. This includes organisation and prioritisation of work schedules for each person delivering service to the client, with the ability to identify risks and opportunities via Early Warning Notices, Compensation Events and carry out general ad-hoc duties expected of an Additional Works Estimator. This role requires someone who is self motivated, a quick learner, excellent communication skills and has the ability to work effectively and efficiently either as an individual or part of a team.
- Daily management and progress of Task Orders through their life cycle to a stage of completion in a timely manner to meet contract SLA.
- Responsible for the processing of all additional, recommendation, remedial and out of scope works requiring authorisation via the Client in a timely manner as per contractual timeframe.
- Detailed planning and co-ordination of work orders and task orders with Service Managers, supply chain, internal operation and commercial teams.
- Support of incidental works and other new works programmes.
- Ensure that information of progression of task orders held on CAFM systems are recorded accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure consistent full summary of audit trail of scope of works, quoted costs and completion details including paperwork are logged in CAFM system.
- Liaising with Operations in the raising of supply chain orders, and the administration of sub contractors, including reviewing and supply chain schedule of rates, with supply chain partners to meet service needs and contractual timeframes.
- Working closely with the Contract teams to ensure reactive, remedial, projects and new works are charged for in accordance within the contract.
- Escalate, chase and resolve queries regarding new works effectively within the specified time limit as per the process.
- Assist Commercial Management in preparation of internal and external reporting of additional new works process and monitoring supply chain performance, with preparation for attendance of meetings.
Assist in the valuation and submission of contract Early Warning Notices and Compensation Events, maximising both revenue and profit margin.
- Understanding of Work In Progress (WIP), with assisting to keep WIP for the contract at a minimum at all times.
- Overseeing the delivery of services by internal operations and supply chain ensuring adequate resources are available to meet established, programmed and additional new works services.
- Ensure only appropriately qualified and experienced internal staff to carry out services allocated to them efficiently, safely and to high standard.
- Ad-hoc duties as requested by Commercial Management and Operational leads.
- Liaison with Client representatives, customers, supply chain and internal departments.
- Development of positive working relationships with outsourced service supply chain.
- Management of budgets to ensure works are processed and completed to contractual timeframe and priced with value for money in mind.
- Ability to use and understand schedule of rates, and cost models for correct internal labour trades.
Technical understanding of Facilities Management and assets.
- Fraud and Commercial Protocol awareness.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, Health & Safety, Quality Assurance & Environment.
What we are looking for
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Flexible approach to work with competent skills in Microsoft Office applications, including extent use of Excel.
- Experience of using the NEC3 form or any other form of contract.
- Knowledge of IFM company processes.
- Being able to prioritise own workload at pace, working with multiple deadlines and duties accurately and timely.
- You will be expected to work to your own initiative, whilst also working well as an integral team member. With being capable of working under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Being highly motivated, with being able to motivate others and ability to rise to challenges.
Capable to remain calm under pressure, commands respect, has the confidence of their colleagues and can communicate effectively at all levels.
- Confident in making decisions and follow up their decisions with actions to achieve objectives.
- Provide balance of commercial considerations with the needs of colleagues and clients, uses consultation and negotiation to reach agreement, critically examine numerical, financial and written data, with being able to track delivery against specifications and budgets.
- Versatile to deal with changeable work load.
- Provide a professional image at all times.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong numerate and analytical skills.
- Work to high standards, embrace change, recognise improvement opportunities and ability to learn from experience.
- Experience with working on CAFM systems.
- Understand commercial process (tendering and obtaining quotes against specifications).
- An understanding of the implications of Building Regulations, Local Authority Planning, Fire compliance and Construction (Design).
- CTC Clearance Required.
- Facilities Management experience.
- Schedule of Rates, Cost Model experience.
- Maximo/CAFM experience
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent personal skills
- Being able to work well under pressure and time deadlines
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Self starter
- Being able to apply methodical approach
- Have ability to work on own initiative
- Team Player
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Flexible with hours – able to work late if necessary
- Ability to travel and visit sites
Additional job board text
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75876176