Job title: Data Scientist
Location: Wednesbury, West Midlands
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
KTC Edibles Ltd are a leading UK supplier of essential cooking ingredients and food products for multiple channels across the UK (Major Retail, Independent Retail, Wholesale, Industrial and Food Service). With a pedigree of success over the last 40 years, they are now seeking a talented IT-oriented data analyst / data scientist to support the company with the development of internal business intelligence / modelling solutions to support initiatives to enable data-driven decision making and to optimise business performance.
The successful candidate will be partially responsible for developing and implementing a business intelligence strategy that accommodates optimisation, predictive and forecasting modelling solutions across functions such as, logistics, warehousing, sales and operations, embedding reporting suites for senior manager to inform insights into performance across different aspects of KTC’s value chain.
The core tasks involved in the role are detailed below:
· Conduct a comprehensive review of internal data flows and existing business reporting infrastructure
· Undertake feasibility studies for major projects incorporating costs and benefits, and present ideas
· Collaborate with IT, senior management and external contractors, as required, to determine current database structural requirements
· Review business objectives and existing challenges with senior management to articulate a big data strategy across the business, evaluating / agreeing priority projects, designing project methodologies, finalising investment plans (resource and cost) and projected timescales.
· Conduct robust data cleaning and modelling solutions including:
- Research and develop Value-at-Risk (VaR) type models
- Research and improve on existing forecast models
- Conduct process control and model validation
· Work with contractors on existing project streams, focused upon process / data optimisation across warehousing and supply planning, to ensure that product training is appropriately managed across the business and that super-users are trained.
· Assist in all phases of model development, evaluation, and deployment for use in support of related assignments.
· Remain up to date with the impact of emerging technologies and advise upon the potential introduction of such technologies into KTC’s value chain
Qualified Candidates should ideally possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in (at least) in a mathematical-related degree (IT, Engineering, Maths, Statistics)
- Experience of delivering big data / data modelling projects, preferably with a supply chain / sales focus
- Practical knowledge of working within supply chain / consumer goods, would be desirable
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of statistical modelling
- Strong strategic thinking and ability to innovate
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Able to communicate at all levels of an organisation
The closing date for applications is 11th October 2017.