Recovery Strategy Manager, Global Risk, Birmingham, 9RQP
Some careers open more doors than others.
Something new and exciting is happening at HSBC. We are separating our retail bank from our investment bank and creating HSBC UK, with a brand new state-of-the-art head office in Birmingham. The move is a big step, and will take us one step closer to achieving our ambition to be the bank of choice in the UK. However, the move to Birmingham doesn't just represent a new dawn for our business. It's also an exciting opportunity for ambitious professionals who are keen to get involved in a unique challenge and progress their careers. We're looking for individuals who are motivated to grow and shape the UK bank, and who will thrive in a flexible working culture within a dynamic and diverse office environment, making the most of what Birmingham has to offer.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join this team in the role of Recovery Strategy Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure changes to strategy within Collections and Recoveries to assist HSBC Retail Bank and Wealth Management (RBWM) to achieve improvement in loan impairment charge and operational efficiency (cost)
- Improve the accuracy and quality of scorecard segmentation and strategy assignments
- Produce and interpret collections and credit risk management information to aid with management of strategy and operations
- Ensure, through accurate specifications, testing and post implementation reviews that solutions devised from your projects are implemented accurately and track to ensure that the associated benefits are seen
- Coordinate day to day activities of the projects and other staff working on the various project streams
- Supervise the conduct research and development of new data sources, collections approach, and analytic techniques
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of unsecured retail banking services experience e.g. credit card, current account, loans
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
- A track record of making complex business decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, considering the potential long term risks and implications
- A successful track record of delivering complex projects and/or programmes, utilising appropriate techniques and tools to ensure and measure success
We are required by the Financial Services (Banking Reform) Act 2013 to create a ring-fenced bank in the UK by 1 January 2019. We will create the head office of our ring-fenced bank in Birmingham. This role may be relocated to Birmingham from 2017. Where the role holder is willing to move and it is practical to do so, the role may relocate before this time.
For further details and application information please click "Apply" or visit our careers site, searching under reference 00009RQP.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures and live by our values of being dependable, open and connected. HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.