HR Manager - Central and South - Grahams the Plumbers? Merchant a part of Saint Gobain
Grahams the Plumbers Merchants (a part of Saint Gobain) – HR Manager
- Are you looking to take the next level in your HR career with an award winning, globally recognised brand?
- Do you want a career without boundaries?
- Is it important that you work for a company that encourages you to reach your full potential?
- How do you feel about being empowered and being given the autonomy to use your creativity and go out there and drive our success of our function?
If your answers to the above are ‘Yes’, then joining Saint-Gobain could be the right career move for you! We are one of the Top 100 Global Innovators and one of the 50 largest employers in the world. We recently celebrated our 350th anniversary, and we harness this experience every day to be the leader in Sustainable Habitat.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join us as an HR Manager. Could this be you?
What will I be doing in the role?
The HR Manager will work very closely with the senior leadership team to embed short and long term HR strategies to drive performance, improve engagement and facilitate a culture of team working. The role will involve all aspects of generalist HR, including but not limited to Employee Relations, Reward, Learning & Development, Talent & Succession and change management.
In the role as a HR Manager you will;
- Manage, Develop and implement HR objectives in line with Grahams and Saint Gobain’s strategy
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team including Area Directors / Regional Sales Directors to define and deliver People/Resource Plan (in line with the Graham People Plan)
- You will develop a People Review Process and develop our Training & Development Activity
- Advise and support in the recruitment of key management roles (ie, GMs, BMs, RSMs, central managers)
- Lead the communication & education around key people policies/procedures
- Travel between locations as and when required
- Interpret and provide direct support on complex people issues including employment legislation, employment law, developing and implementing policies on a variety of workplace issues i.e disciplinary procedures, absence management, working conditions, performance management and equal opportunities
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
As a HR Manager it is important that you are/have;
- Ideally CIPD qualified or alternatively the equivalent level of experience
- Excellent at demonstrating inter-personal and influencing skills, as key stakeholders will be within the senior management population (Area Directors, Regional Directors etc.).
- Collaborative and have a team player mentality.
- Tenacious and driven to deliver projects.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills, able to work with, analyse, identify rends/opportunities/areas of concern working with various HR data/reports
- Experienced at working in fast paced environments which will assist you in hitting the ground running.
- An excellent understanding of Employee Relations, Employment Law and Change Management.
- Experienced at operating at HR Manager / HRBP level, or are ready for your next move into a more senior position.
- The ability to work to multiple deadlines and multi-task.
- In everything we do, we place our internal and external customers at the heart of everything we do. By priding ourselves on delivering excellent service offering.
What about the business I’ll be joining?
Grahams the Plumbers Merchants are specialists in bathroom, plumbing and heating and are part of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest organisations. At Grahams, we pride ourselves on giving our customers the best possible experience but that can only happen if we have people with the right attitude working for us. Distinctly focused on customer service, Grahams develops friendly and knowledgeable colleagues, and provides an unrivalled plumbing supplies and specialist products for our customers.
As part of Saint-Gobain Building Distribution we have the backing of a global company with roots in manufacturing high quality, market leading and innovative building materials. Furthermore we can draw upon our other major brands in helping our customer’s source exactly what they need. With over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:A great open working environmentCompany carMobile phoneA defined contribution pension scheme.31 days holiday including the statutory bank holidays (increasing the 33 with service)Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holida