Electrification Propulsion Senior Process Engineer
Electrification Propulsion Senior Process Engineer - Automotive - to £45,000
Can you offer testing experience in the product design test area within a Green Energy or Power Generation Manufacturing environment? This role will sit within the Powertrain Manufacturing Engineering (PTME) department who are responsible for the development and introduction of new and modified processes and facilities associated with new model introductions and model year changes, within Test. Testing experience in the product design test arena will be of particular use - including experience in the management of Dyno test cells, and test rigs associated with Electrified Propulsion. European and Overseas travel will form a key part of this role.
Responsibilities within this Electrification Propulsion Senior Test Engineer will include:
- You will utilise your knowledge to develop and implement test processes and facilities to deliver the safety, quality, delivery and cost objectives. These facilities include all end of line test types for Electrification propulsion systems:
- Battery pack charge / discharge
- Battery Management system interfaces
- Electrical testing for E motors, including but not limited to Back EMF, surge tests, winding testing
- Rig / Dyno Test
- NVH testing for drive units
- Support development and implementation of 'best-in-class' test process strategy for Powertrain.
- The overall responsibility of this role is to work in a team of engineers to plan and implement new and major changes to test facilities, with particular emphasis on the following:
- Development of test procedures in close collaboration with engineering
- Support any mapping exercises.
- Support dyno / test rigging specifications, processes and facilities.
- Planning, developing and implementation of test processes and facilities.
- Provide feasibility statements for Product Development designs to suit manufacturing build requirements.
- Ensure robust process planning including build simulations and FMEA's
- Support virtual build events raising and championing issues where appropriate.
- Support of physical builds at workshop, pilot build and Manufacturing Plant locations, raising and managing issues where appropriate.
- Prepare, issue and evaluate supplier "Request for Quotations"
- Test process & equipment verification at suppliers and at home manufacturing facility.
- Lead test engineers in the achievement of all cost, timing, throughput and quality targets for the project.
- Ensure adherence to company and departmental operating processes and policies including Change management and engineering release
- Manage technical issues and escalate where appropriate
- Achieve Equipment Capability targets of all new & modified facilities, including OPR, MTTR, MTBF
A good knowledge, experience and understanding of testing protocols with an ability to analyse and interpret data output from test facilities is key, as is a good understanding of engineering including the ability to review engineering drawings. Ideally you will be educated to Degree level in Manufacturing Systems or a similar engineering discipline, candidates with HNC / HND and the relevant experience would be considered. If keen to learn more please don't hesitate to speak with Grant Nisbet for further details