Here at First Utility we want to make a difference. We are changing the face of the energy industry by campaigning for more transparency, better communication and a speedier switching process. Through pioneering technology and sharing our knowledge, we put our customers firmly in control of their energy, so they can spend less on what they need and more on what they want.
We are proud to deliver award winning service and as we continue to challenge the industry, our talented people are integral to our journey; our people make that difference. As we continue to grow our Team we now have office locations in Warwick, Coventry, London, Krakow and Hamburg.
We’re now looking for an Accounts Assistant to join our Finance Team in Warwick to help us continue to make that difference.
How the role fits in
The Accounts Assistant will be a member of First Utility’s talented Finance department. Working within the Accounts Receivable Team, the key objectives of the role will be to assist in all areas that the team support on.
The role will require someone with the confidence to communicate with members of the wider business in order to resolve queries quickly and effectively. The ideal candidate will be seeking a challenging all-encompassing role.
The role day to day
- Prepare and process requested customer refund payments within SLA to include:
- Review of each refund request for validity
- Ensuring each refund request is approved to the correct authorisation level
- Prepare and process pro-active customer refund payments within SLA
- Prepare and issue payments to customers
- Raise BACS and Cheque payments for customer refunds and apply account credits where applicable
- Gain Director sign off for payments
- Post cheque payments to customers and process online BACS payments
- Liaise with customer facing teams to resolve customer refund queries
- Assist maintenance of the Cashbook, Bank and Sales Ledger reconciliation
- Allocate and import incoming customer payments into Sales Ledger
- Investigate customer payment queries and any unallocated customer receipts
- Reconcile customer security deposits
- Reconcile and investigate Indemnity Claims, Chargebacks and other bank claims
What you'll need to make the best of the role
- Be an enthusiastic, hands on individual seeking a challenging all-encompassing role
- Have strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Have good attention to detail and prior experience of reconciling large volumes of data
- Have strong personal organisation skills to meet operational deadlines
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative as well as a team player
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Be self-motivated and a hardworking individual
The 'nice to have's'
- Have prior experience of using SAP and Access Dimensions software (desirable, not essential)
- Have experience working in a fast paced organisation
What you'll get in return
Our people are our business, so our mind-set is people first. Spending much of your time at work, we know it’s not just about a rewarding career, development opportunities and competitive salary - the work space, relaxation areas and coffee matter too!
First Perks is our benefits portal where you can access BUPA Private Healthcare, childcare vouchers, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, our staff tariffs and exclusive savings and discounts from nearly 900 retailers - including holiday deals to help you make the best of your 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays). First Perks features discounts for many of the biggest brands - from Lastminute.com to Amazon, from John Lewis to Tesco; there is something for everyone.
We’re proud to support our charity partner the NSPCC and offer regular fundraising events from bake-offs to London Marathon entries. Our teams enjoy quarterly socials, some more adventurous than others! One tradition we’ve held on to as we’ve grown is "Fruity Friday" - heaps of free fresh fruit for all, every Friday.
So if you like the fast pace of an evolving business, feel it’s important to reach your full potential and enjoy your time at work, then a career with us could be your next move.