Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a global organisation in West Bromwich with the recruitment of a Qualified Financial Accountant.
This is a new role within a large existing finance team and will suit a practice trained candidate with experience of audit, financial reporting or acquisition and mergers.
Financial Accountant responsibilities:
- Carry out an assessment of current Business processes/procedures including controls and data collection
- Develop a best practice internal control framework
- Conduct a Risk Assessment and GAP analysis of current processes and controls against best practice and the developed internal control framework
- Work with business units to standardise across the group
- AX Access control review and ongoing maintenance
- Design and perform an on-going company-wide audit programme including risk management and control management over operations effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Work with acquisitions to understand controls and integrate into AA
- Work with AX team on roll out of ERP to newly acquired businesses
- EMEA internal audit programme
- Complete annual internal control self-assessments
- Promoting a strong risk and compliance culture and general awareness of risk management
- Make recommendations to ensure that compliance and best practice is adhered to
- Finance support - VAT, accounting, insurance support
Is the Financial Accountant position right for me?
You will have completed your accounting qualification (ACCA/ACA) within an accounting practice and will have a background in either audit or financial reporting. A large part of this role will involve you working on merger and acquisition's so good technical knowledge and business partnering/communication skills is also essential
The organisation is well known and has a great track record of offering career progression, with a global presence with multiple UK sites and a number of regional hubs movement within both finance, project and business facing roles is encouraged. This financial accountant position will suit a technically strong accountant with excellent communication skills
Financial Accountant Package:
- £40,000 - £45,000
- Discretionary bonus