Housing Management Worker - Solihull
HOUSING MANAGEMENT WORKER
SERVICE MANAGER - HOUSING MANAGEMENT SERVICES
37.5 HOURS PER WEEK (FULL TIME)
SCALE 5, POINTS 22 - 25, £19,370 - £21,244 PER ANNUM
ST BASILS, SOLIHULL
MONDAY 25th SEPTEMBER 2017
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To ensure that a range of housing management services are provided to young people. This will include paying rent, reporting repairs supporting Youth Engagement Services, claiming benefits, maximizing income, ensuring Welfare Reform compliance, budgeting, grants and debt management. Ensuring that Health and Safety is not compromised in any way. Overall to assist young people in achieving their aspirations and a successful transition to adulthood.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL
- NVQ 3 (Care, Advice and Guidance or other relevant/equivalent qualification).
- Experience of working with young people in any of the following settings: Youth Work, Residential or Social Work, Probation/Criminal justice, Community Work, Education and Training, Housing or Support Work.
- Experience of supervising volunteers or students.
- Up to date knowledge of welfare rights, resources etc..
- Able to understand the difference between friendship and support.
- Able to carry out calculations in order to calculate figures, budget costs, monitor budgets
- Able to advise young people on welfare rights and available resources and how to access them.
- Be a car driver
Please note: CVs and Handwritten Application Forms are not accepted
St Basils is committed to a policy of ensuring equality of opportunity in employment for all, and to taking action to avoid discrimination.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our vacancies.