Tax - IF100 - ITX - Compliance - Associate - Birmingham
Who We Are Looking for
PwC are the market leaders in global VAT compliance services, providing services too many of the firm’s largest and most important clients. We provide clients with VAT compliance services throughout EMEA and also Asia Pac and Latin America.
Within our IF100 Indirect Tax Compliance team in Birmingham we are looking for an individual with an interest in developing their experience in indirect tax compliance and develop a career within an established team.
Working within the wider team you will be responsible for the preparation of draft indirect tax returns using our Indirect Tax Technologies. You will be allocated to a [portfolio of clients in order that high quality returns are produced and client relationships are developed to maximum potential. You will be responsible for liaising with clients and the wider PwC network in order to ensure quality and timely delivery. You will build relationships with both client contacts and the PwC network.
Successful applicants will also have the opportunity to work on ad-hoc global VAT compliance projects.
This role provides the successful candidate with an unparalleled opportunity to build global VAT technical skills, global VAT compliance awareness and the experience of working on complex and challenging assignments. This is an excellent platform for furthering your career within VAT and opportunities for training are available.
The role will be based in central Birmingham.
About the role
On a day to day basis responsibilities will include:
- Dealing with client financial data and processing into our Indirect Tax Technologies
- Running and reviewing the client specific exception reports produced by the technology
- Preparing draft returns for Senior Associates to review and final review by Managers
- Managing and owning allocation of work and contractual scope to ensure delivery against compliance obligations
- Reporting specific transactions for further review;
- Liaising with the appropriate client personnel;
- Liaising with the global PwC network;
- Ensuring high quality service delivery to our clients;
- Keeping up to date with legislation and practical changes which impact VAT compliance;
- Amount of time office based: 90-100%
- Amount of time at client sites: up to 10%
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home: Occasional
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)?: Yes
- Opportunity for working from home?: No
- Opportunity for job sharing?: No
Successful candidate will need to possess and demonstrate a broad range of capabilities and skills, including:
- Accounting knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Excellent self-organisational skills
- Ambition and a strong desire to succeed;
- A commitment to team working;
- An ability to work within a strict timetable and deadlines
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
To apply please visit our website via the button below.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.