Customer Communications Consultant
£41,500 - £50,000 + Completion Bonus, Pension & Benefits
Based Wythall, South Birmingham (B47)
12 Month Fixed Term
Closing date: 25 September 2017 at midnight
Do you have significant experience in ensuring customer facing communications are written and presented to an engagingly high quality with specific alignment to recent regulatory guidance (TR16/2 & FG16/8) - Legacy Thematic Review?
This 12-month fixed term, employed contract role is internally called "Senior Quality Analyst & Communications Co-Ordinator"
About the role:
It’s an exciting time to join us at the Phoenix Group. Phoenix have over 70 projects that support varied regulatory, mandatory and discretionary based initiatives, and this 12-month employed contract is a great opportunity to support the FCA Legacy review specifically. This project is set out by the Financial Conduct Authority, and as a business we are required to make sure all of our customer communications are accurate, compliant, clear and engaging for the reader. Occasional travel to other UK offices (Peterborough/Glasgow) will be required.
Our Outsourced Partners will provide you with initial drafts of customer communications for you to review in line with the FCA regulations/guidelines. You will make core recommendations and communicate back with the OSP’s via email, telephone but mainly face to face meetings to agree the final versions.
Other responsibilities include:
- Reviewing the customer facing communications and processes to ensure they follow the 'Phoenix way’ and comply with the applicable industry guidelines (specifically TR16/2 & FG16/8). Where issues are identified, pro-actively liaise with the OSP's to agree a suitable resolution and monitor this through to closure.
- Pro-actively leading on communication standards; & process reviews; on Phoenix programme/project change activity and specifically champion the Phoenix Communications standards, the Plain English Campaign; Behavioural Economics Approaches; and other ABI communication requirements.
- Building/maintaining positive key stakeholder relationships across Phoenix; its OSP’s; and any 3rd party suppliers that are utilised, to enable effective and efficient working relationships.
- Providing direction and guidance to the Phoenix Legacy Project team and OSP’s (the business) in respect of creating quality, engaging customer communications in any medium.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of working with customer communications
- Good knowledge of Life and Pensions
- IT skills - IN-Design or similar sales & marketing publishing programme, Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Negotiation and challenge-and-feedback skills
- Excellent proof reading skills
- Good knowledge of behavioural economics
About the company:
We value our employees highly and have been Britain's Top Employer for the last six consecutive years and are a member of the FTSE 250 index. We put people first in everything we do and are always looking for new professionals to join our talented team. Our funds are closed, enabling us to focus on areas that other businesses can't. This means that, among the many benefits of working at Phoenix (such as free lunches at our onsite restaurant, nature trail walk, putting green, free car parking, subsidised onsite sport facilities including gym, football & cricket pitches, tennis courts, excellent rewards schemes…we could go on!), our staff can enjoy exposure to a diverse workload not found elsewhere. We're proud of what we do, and we've recently gained recognition for our distinctive business model. We offer excellent training opportunities, career development and company culture.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Monday 25th September 2017.