Manufacturing Engineering Manager
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join our team in Ansty.
We have an exciting vacancy for a Manufacturing Engineer Manager to join our Compressors Fan Case Facility located in the village of Ansty nearby Coventry in the UK.
Compressors Supply Chain Unit is responsible for the design and integration of Fan and Compressor sub-systems for Civil, Defence, Marine and Energy applications, as well as the delivery of these commodities to Customer cost and quality requirements through an integrated supply chain. The Compressor supply chain unit has domestic manufacturing facilities at a number of UK locations and Singapore, as well as Joint Ventures and suppliers throughout the world, manufacturing a range of commodities such Compressor and Fan Blades/ Vanes and Casings.
We deliver the best jet engines in the world. Through intelligent innovation and a collaborative approach, we're putting our customers at the forefront of the aviation industry - and we'll keep them there. Our product portfolio powers more than 35 types of commercial aircraft, and with over 13,000 engines in-service around the world, we're keeping the world flying.
As MEM you will have Technical Authority for the plant, integrating all Manufacturing Engineering activity across the product lifecycle and through the supply chain.
The Plant is undergoing a an exciting period of change with significant capital investment underway and a number of new products being introduced such as XWB LOTIS and Trent 7000, to add to the broad portfolio already manufactured. In support of these new products and load growth, capital investment is underway across the wide manufacturing process which includes machining, inspection, welding, NDE, bonding, painting and composite assembly.
As MEM you will lead, manage and develop the Engineering Team of circa 35 people, ensuring manufacturing processes/ methods are capable of meeting and continuing to meet requirements for quality, cost, and delivery rate and lead time.
You will integrate Capability Acquisition and Product Introduction activities, buying off new capabilities and methods of manufacture for new parts/assemblies, whilst ensuring new capabilities/methods are at the required level of readiness for production application.
You will be professionally accountable to the Chief of Manufacturing Engineering and reporting to the Plant Operations Manager.
- Professionally qualified Engineer (UK minimum BEng degree or other national equivalent) and ideally UK CEng (Chartered Engineer) or other national equivalent.
- Have led projects/activities across a range of Manufacturing Engineering processes.
- Have provided technical and professional leadership to a team of Engineers.
- Good understanding of some of the manufacturing processes outlined above.
- General awareness of Manufacturing Systems (CAD, CAM, CAPP, Manufacturing Execution System, Manufacturing Intelligence, SAP, Technical Publications, etc.) relevant to the business.
- Have experienced manufacturing change in a suitable combination of ways, such as facility re-design, facility move, technology insertion, new product introduction, process revalidation, quality improvement.
Create an enduring network. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75953132