MI Data Warehouse Manager
We are currently looking to recruit a Home Delivery Data Warehouse Manager. This is an amazing opportunity to support the ongoing decision making within the Home Delivery channel by providing access to facts & analysis anytime, anywhere on any device.
In a nutshell, the role is about:
- Designing, developing & supporting the Home Delivery SQL Server Data Warehouse
- Providing innovative & Visual Data presentation with customer at heart of every decision
- Working in partnership with business teams, 3rd party suppliers and IS teams to deliver high quality solutions to agreed timescales meeting the agreed business objectives.
Interested? Then read on….
Whilst you will be an experienced MI/Data Warehouse Manager the role will cover 6 key responsibility areas:
- Provide appropriately detailed specifications to enable development resources (internal or external) to be able to build the required components
- Validate & verify with stakeholders/business analysts requirements to ensure agreement to the requirements, design & implementation occurs and that the delivered solution meets the business needs
- To be able yourself to develop technically complex database / reporting solutions
- Quality Assure & undertake Acceptance & Performance Testing for the solutions
- Lead and manage MI Analysts (2-6 people), ensuring that all services and processes are effectively delivered including; planning, resource allocation, reporting, quality reviews, project administration and standards
- To manage, coach and motivate the team members
- Clear roadmap for the data warehouse use; aligned with IS strategic developments
- Guidelines & standards are aligned with industry best practice & enforced
- Pro-actively engage and manage the use of data warehouse
- Ensure all solutions are designed and agreed within the framework & guidelines
- Design end to end solutions liaising as required with IS & 3rd party vendors
- Proactively propose enhancements to improve both data warehouse & operational efficiencies
Support & Maintenance
- Manage pro-active monitoring and resolution of issues to ensure the data warehouse platform & reporting outputs are available to the end recipients on a daily & weekly basis
- Own & run an effective Change Approval - Deployment process
- Take ownership for any reported incident & problems liaising with peers, business functions & IS
- Ensure the SQL Server environment is proactively monitored for performance, availability & performance issues
- Backups & Restore capability
- Ownership for security profiles
- Database Administration for Table Partitioning & Index requirements
- Governance of the data model & live deployment of database objects
- Manage and prioritise own & team workload to agreed timescales for completion; communicating timely & appropriately any constraints, issues & delays.
- As appropriate use recognised project management techniques to manage scope, status reporting with control of issues & risks to manage upgrades and major programmes of work.
So that’s what I will be responsible now onto what I need to have to be successful in this role
- Educated to Higher Education standard ideally graduate level or equivalent in a mathematical, scientific, statistical or IT related discipline.
- Good experience (5+ years) involved in the development of business information.
- Good understanding of business processes; within a supply chain or retail environment.
- Effective communication, inter-personal, influencing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple projects/assignments both within a team and individually. Ideally with practical experience of working with project methodologies such as Prince 2 or Agile methods
- Logical & physical Data Modelling skills including star schema & dimension models
- Excellent knowledge of database administration, design & development skills.
e.g. SQL Server - SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, T-SQL, MDS
- Strong knowledge & practical application of database query language (SQL)
- Strong knowledge and experience of at least 2 reporting development tools
- e.g. PowerBI, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Reporting Services, QlikView, Tableau
Of course, there is loads more to the role but to find out more click apply and we will be in touch!