Performance QA Engineer
Are you a performance testing expert?
Savvy using performance testing tools?
Do you live and breathe Software Testing?
If you do, then we need to talk, we are searching for a number of talented Performance QA Testers for our new 'state of the art' purpose built development centre in the heart of Birmingham.
We want you to bring your unique set of skills and experience to a special place where you can reach your true potential. Even the most experienced Performance QA Testers in this position will have the opportunity to expand and improve their skill sets in many advanced areas, especially within the Financial Services sector.
To be part of the team we are looking for candidates who have solid Performance QA Testing skills, Banking and Finance experience is preferred but don't be put off from applying if you don't we are looking for the best of the best so if you have great Performance Testing skills from another industry do get in touch, passion for development and all things technical is important and we will support you with training on our products.
These positions focus on creating and maintaining our cutting-edge award-winning Risk and Compliance software.
We are committed to making you as successful as possible, our head of department will be on hand to ensure that you receive all the support you need.
As a Performance QA Test Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Performance test software ensuring that the design and development are carried out as efficiently as possible with high quality output.
- Architect and deliver highly collaborative automated performance test solutions for system non-functional requirements.
- Be involved with requirement review, produce test case outline, defect analysis and track, issue identification.
- Engage with project teams to bring work into the performance team - act as the front door engagement process.
- Plan and manage capacity testing for core systems.
- Collaborating with wider inter-departmental performance testing teams.
- Open to testing application manually as need be.
Performance QA Tester | QA Tester | Software Testing | Apache JMeter| Testing
- Good Computer Science degree or similar.
- Significant experience of using performance testing tools like Apache JMeter, Gatling, HP Performance Center or LoadRunner, Rational Performance Tester, LoadComplete
- Ability to translate business and technical requirements and designs into performance test approaches and performance test cases.
- Strong experience and working knowledge of performance testing, approaches and concepts
- Good knowledge of SQL and experience of database/backend testing
- Experience of testing API's using open source tools like SoapUI and LoadUI
- Experience of working with tools like JIRA/Zephyr for test case management and defect management.
- Proficient in the Java stack, and knowledge of JVM internals
- Knowledge of functional regression tools like selenium web driver
- Experience of BDD (Behavior driven development) Testing frameworks like jBehave/Cucumber or any other test framework in gherkin language
- Integration of automation tests with CI Tools like Jenkins/TeamCity
- Working knowledge of public cloud providers such as AWS and Azure
- Experience of software like git, Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, JBoss AS/Tomcat etc
Additional salary information: 25 days holiday, BUPA, Pension, Childcare Vouchers.
About Our Company:
For over 28 years we have been providing regulatory reporting and collateral management solutions to the financial services industry. Counting over 30 of the world's top 50 financial institutions among our clients,
We are headquartered in London and have offices in Europe (Frankfurt), New York and Asia Pacific (Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore), and representative offices in Atlanta, Cape Town, Sydney and Tokyo.
… And now we are in Birmingham.
It is important to ensure our developers have the most modern workstations and provide a modest budget for all developers to customize their workstation or purchase peripherals as required.
The office environment is relaxed, but always buzzing and busy, no ties or fancy suits required so bring your own style. We have breakout areas with free tea and coffee, if you cycle to work then we have secure cycle bays with showers available, get to work early and enjoy a free breakfast on us each day. We have a lovely modern open-plan space designed to support a creative working environment.