Health Safety Environmental & Quality HSEQ Specialist
My client is a leading company in their field and part of a well renowned global group. They manufacture and maintain a range of cargo handling automated solutions and services to seaports, docks, airports and distribution centres thoughout the UK and Ireland.
Due to growth within the business, they are working exclusively with me to recruit a Health Safety Environmental & Quality (HSEQ) Specialist to join the business in a brand new role. Reporting directly into the Regional HSEQ Manager, you will be instrumental in driving HSEQ process improvement and development within the business and have real opportunity to make a difference and make this role your own. You will also be responsible for the review, development and implementation of the companies HSEQ Management Systems in accordance with ISO 9001; ISO 14001 Health & Safety Legislation.
This is a highly influential, active and visible role requiring excellent relationship building and strong influencing skills.
This position has the option to be home based as you will spend some of your time between the Head office site near Shrewsbury, Shropshire and at a variety of client sites throughout the UK and Ireland visiting sites to review Health & Safety procedures and to carry our risk assessments and investigations.
- Provide general Health & Safety advice specific to the business needs and continuosly advise on safe systems of work.
- Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and future H&S legislation and ensure systems/procedures are in place to meet legal compliance.
- Develop Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality plans and to maintain Company polices and procedures.
- Carry out internal and external site inspections to ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented and adhered to.
- Carrying out risk assessments and regular audits ensuring that all documentation are up to date.
- Developing and maintaining quality management system in compliance with ISO 9001.
- Increase Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality awareness with Managers and employees with training, coaching sessions and inductions
- Manage reporting and investigation procedures for accidents/incidents. Establish root cause and preventative measures required and produce statistical data and reports
- Communicate various findings and assist in the development of localised improvements plans.
- Ensure Managers are focused on delivering a safe working environment providing the necessary management support and technical advice..
- Complete weekly/monthly management reports for submission to Group/Management teams.
- Full responsibility for Company preparations for annual H&S audits and Quality Assurance
- Ensure that records are maintained in compliance with legal requirements, e.g. COSHH, and nescessary notices are displayed and reviewed.
- Conduct occupational health and safety related surveys (noise, lighting, exposure to chemical substances etc) and make recommendations.
- Work in partnership with global HSEQ colleagues to implement projects and initatives when required.
- At least 3 years previous experience in a similar HSEQ role within a medium size engineering organisation (essential)
- Experience of a heavy engineering environment would be advatageous
- Experience and knowledge of Quality Standard ISO 9001
- Experience of delivering training sessions
- Experience and understanding of Irelands Safety,Health and Welfare legislation would be advantageous
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent (Essential)
- First Aid Basic Certificate
- Environmental Management Systems Qualification (prefered)
- HND or Foundation Degree/Degree level qualified (preferred)
This role would suit a HSEQ professional that has gained a few years experience particularly working with ISO legislation within an engineering company, that is ready to take the next step up in their career. The willigness to travel throughout the UK is essential. Closing date for applications is 21st September as interviews will be held the following week.
As well as a fantastic opportunity to really make your mark within a Global Group, my client offers a generous salary of £30,000 - £40,000 (dependant on experience and qualifications), a car allowance and a generous benefits package including medical insurance and pension.