Group Financial Controller
Group Financial Controller - Midlands
Gleeson Recruitment Group is working exclusively with a fast-paced business based in the Midlands. As part of a larger group, this division currently turns over £700m, with further growth expected as new contracts are secured in 2017/18. The business is involved in the construction and infrastructure sectors and is keen to attract someone from a similar environment. As part of their expansion, they now seek a Group Financial Controller to work closely with the senior management team to develop financial controls and develop more efficient systems.
The Group Financial Controller will be a critical source of support for all operational financial developments. Reporting into the UK CFO, this role will require a solid technical background coupled with the ability to see the bigger, corporate picture in order to fulfil on-going and future customer needs.
Specifically, the role will require a background in the following key areas:
- Technical accounting and shared services including accounts payable, receivable, payroll, tax, treasury and reporting.
- Developing 5 year strategic plan
- Identifying opportunities to improve reporting timetables
- Assessing current use of systems and areas of potential efficiency and cost reduction
- Reporting to Head Office and representing finance at Board level
- Liaison with external parties including customers, financiers and auditors
- Examining current cost models and challenging assumptions & business drivers
- Partnering with other senior managers across the organisations to support business transformation projects
As Group Financial Controller, you will be leading a number of significant finance improvement projects.
To be considered for the Group Financial Controller position you will be a qualified accountant with significant PQE, preferably from a B2B/construction environment.
You are likely to be an experienced Group Financial Controller, with exposure in partnering with other senior managers and directors, to support aggressive growth plans and cost reduction projects.
Please apply for immediate consideration to .