HSE ADVISOR - IMMEDIATE START
We are working on behalf of our client, an International Group manufacturing within Tier 1 Automotive who are looking for an interim HSE Advisor to join them with immediate effect at their site in the West Midlands.
You will be responsible for controlling all Safety related issues for the Cannock plant, helping to maintain a safe working environment for employees to work in. Ensuring compliance with necessary standards and legislation, including Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 is key to the role.
• Managing policy to ensure that the organisation complies with all relevant UK H&S legislation
• Training and auditing are integral duties required to make the whole workforce aware of and able to fulfil H&S responsibilities.
• Conducting project work, covering a range of areas including Health and Safety initiatives.
• Conducting daily safety observations in order to identify any unsafe acts/conditions
• Challenging any employee safety non-compliances
• Carrying out and reviewing risk assessments including COSHH
• Maintaining the sites incident database and ensuring that root cause analysis is carried out for all safety incidents including corrective actions
• Play an active role in maintaining the corporate Health & Safety audit system
• Carry out Emergency evacuation exercises and take the lead when required
• Provide cover for the H&S Manager whenever required (meetings
• Qualified to NEBOSH certificate level 3.
• Qualified or working towards NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent.
• Experience within automotive manufacturing is desirable, during which you will have developed a sound understanding of the H&S challenges facing the industry.
• Experience in conducting Safety audits and general workplace inspections.
• Experience in dealing with external sources (Contractors, HSE, Fire Authority & Insurance).
• Understanding of the companies Manufacturing Processes and Technologies to an appropriate level. To carry out the role.
• Enthusiastic and passionate about Health & Safety with a can do attitude.
• Able to demonstrate a tactful but assertive manner.
• Ability to engage with employees at all levels of the organisation.
• Ability to influence at all levels in the Oranisation