Key Account Manager - National Role (ideally based Midlands or South E
Key Account Manager - National Role (ideally based Midlands or South East)
Salary Up to GBP55K Base Plus Bonus OTE GBP70K plus Car or GBP6K car allowance Laptop, Mobile and great benefits
Our client is one of the best known names in the Logistics/Distribution market, providing customers with high standards of quality and service
The Key Account Manager will take full ownership of managing some of our client's key accounts. You will take complete control of their customers and be responsible for every aspect of the client (right from design through to implementation and management).
This role is very high profile and you will be exposed to all senior people within thier business, which leads to strong development opportunities.
You will work within a fast-moving and dynamic environment with a great team who have a really strong work ethos. This will give you the opportunity to work/learn from some of the best in the industry.
The role offers flexibility with a lot of freedom where you can manage your own workload.
- Management and retention of key client portfolio
- Manage the full end-to-end process with our customers
- Drive service performance and enhance margins
- Robust contract management
- Maintain and manage cash-flow
- Liaising with Operational Management to recommend workable solutions to service level recovery programmes and new initiatives (service improvement, corrective measures, ad-hoc solution design)
- Analyse and implement change through our business and our customers' business
- Drive margin improvement through strong commercial acumen
- Previous experience in an account management role
- Retail/ecommerce/ logistics/parcel/technology background
- Possessing industry knowledge and experience of the B2C home shopping (desirable, not essential)
- Experience of operational cost, commercial profitability and P&L
- Ability to work under own initiative, self-motivated, often working some unsociable hours, which will include travel
- Ability to up sell and cross sell
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong business acumen
- Relationship building skills
- Experience of procurement and tender processes
- Must be articulate and comfortable dealing with people at all levels