An globally established manufacturing company with an enviable customer list, is actively looking for a Production Supervisor to join the business on a permanent basis. This role will suit a Production Team Leader / Production Supervisor / Production Manager who has had previous experience of working within a manufacturing environment, having responsibility for the overall activities of the department ensuring that KPIs of safety, quality, productivity, and cost are met. This opportunity is offering a competitive salary of GBP38,000 - GBP40,000 which is dependent on experience, plus a strong benefits package. This role is operating on a day's only shift pattern and has strong progression opportunities into a Management role.
The successful applicant will be reporting into the Production/Operations Manager, and will be responsible for a range of staff, ensuring production targets are met and machinery downtime is kept to a minimum.
The role will involve the successful Production Manager to:
- Collate key production information, such as KPIs, to monitor performance of the team and shift.
- Suggest and implement improvements to the process to reduce machine downtime and increase production efficiencies.
- Decide allocation of labour & machinery and tools to meet the requirement of the production schedule.
- Liaise with Manufacturing Manager/Production Planner on the supply of raw materials
- Ensure products are produced to the adequate quality standards and inspection testing procedures.
- Advise Maintenance and Manufacturing Manager of breakdown details.
- Ensures safe operation of machinery and that safe working practices are carried out.
- Implement & follow standard operating procedures (SOPs), controlling documentation and training needs.
- Promote and drive a continuous improvement culture.
Skills / Experience
- At least 5 years' experience within a similar previous role, within a manufacturing environment.
- Ideally degree qualified in a relevant field (i.e. Mechanical Engineering)
- Experience of working with a range of modern production processes would be highly advantageous.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Dynamic, proactive and can-do attitude.
How to Apply
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Richard Pearson at Yolk Recruitment on 02920-220-078.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*