Facilities Coordinator - Midlands
This is a permanent role working as a Facilities Coordinator for a well established media and communications business.
My client is a leading media and communications business based across multiple locations across the UK.
Responsible for the organisation and co-ordination of daily facilities and office support for our head office in Redditch, our two warehouses based in Redditch and our TV Studio based in Birmingham. Your role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organisational effectiveness, communication and safety.
- Processing invoices relating to office and facilities costs
- Ordering office and facilities supplies
- Managing health and safety elements as well as fire regulations within the 4 locations
- Arrange travel, taxi and train bookings for staff when required
- Carry out regular building checks and inform Facilities Manager of any issues
- Recording expenditure
- Organising the office layout and arranging office moves and changes
- Maintaining the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs to fit around filming schedule
- Liaising with cleaning contractor to ensure locations are clean and tidy
- Organise facility/health & safety inductions for new staff
- Ensuring all contractors adhere to our Health and Safety Policy
- Carry out weekly Fire Alarm test
- Daily checks of manned guards at Ivy House
- Conduct risk assessments and review accordingly
- Conduct regular (weekly/monthly) tests of various equipment to ensure in good working condition
- Assist staff in ad-hoc requests
- Out of hours contact for offices and warehouse
Organisation and Management
- Good planner and organiser.
- Assumes responsibility and understands when there are peaks and troughs in workload.
- Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of projects/tasks.
- Organises work and resources to meet deadlines.
- Uses initiative to step in where necessary.
- Measures performance against goals and evaluates results.
- Works as part of a team to achieve common goals through shared ambition, communication and collaboration.
- Actively contributes to the team, understands team goals and how he/she fits in.
- Supports other team members and knows when to ask for help.
- Doesn't work in an isolated way.
- Encourages input from others.
- Bounces ideas off other people.
- Works together to create best outcome/result for the team.
- Adaptable, embraces change and copes well with it.
- Responsive to the market and its pace.
- Wants to learn and develop new skills and approaches.
- Previous proven Office Manager/ facilities experience
- IOSH or NEBOSH trained
- The ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong efficiency and punctuality
- Good organisation skills
- Good customer service skills
This is a permanent role paying between GBP21,000 - GBP25,000 with a healthy benefits package