Automotive Workshop Coordinator
GBP18,000 - GBP22,000 Depending on experience
Our Client who is one of the UK's leading commercial vehicle dealership. Due to their continued success Staffbase has been appointed to recruit for the position of Workshop Progressor to join the busy team in Coventry.
Reporting to the Service Manager you will be responsible for the progression on work in the workshop, ensuring you have detailed updates from the service team and communicate with customers. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:-
- Receive customers and their vehicles , discuss and confirm their requirements and examine the vehicle to determine their condition
- To keep key personnel/ customers fully and regularly informed of changes to costs and completion times.
- To ensure that work is issued and completed to the agreed deadlines reporting any concerns to incoming team leaders prior to handover.
- To monitor and update workshop loading.
- To ensure accurate quotations for service are sent to customers
- To ensure that repair orders are processed.
- Ensure that all customer complaints are dealt with both speedily and effectively.
The successful candidate will have experience in a similar role, have excellent organisational and communication skills. You must be fully focused on providing excellent levels of customer service.
Other experience required:-
- Ability to handle pressure without it effecting working relationships and effectiveness.
- Good basic administrational knowledge.
- Possess strong self-organisational skills
- Must have excellent communication skills to convey information accurately.
- Ability to gain knowledge and understanding of servicing and repair jobs, to be able to estimate times for diagnosis and repair and the ability to determine condition of safety related parts i.e. tyres, brake pads etc.
- Experience of using Kerridge DMS system would be advantageous
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday 08:00 - 18:00 and every third Saturday 08:00 - 13:00.