Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Are you an Electrically-biased Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer looking for a busy, varied and challenging Maintenance role? Our client is a large reputable food processing company in the heart of Telford, they offer competitive employee benefits, job security, continuous training provision and a very competitive salary at GBP35K! If you have proven electrical and mechanical experience in a high speed production/manufacturing environment, this role could be for you!
The Job Role:
- Reporting to the Engineering Shift Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that plant downtime is minimised through effective and efficient preventative mechanical and electrical maintenance.
- Dealing with mechanical and electrical breakdowns swiftly and effectively
- You will be required to identify and implement improvements to equipment, systems and procedures, ensuring Health & Safety, Quality and good Engineering Practice standards are adhered to at all times.
- Carrying out mechanical and electrical repairs of equipment within the guidelines set by the Section Engineering Managers.
- Handling machine installation and associated building services preparation
Experiences / Requirements:
- You will have served an apprenticeship in a general engineering, mechanical or electrical discipline and will have experience in the maintenance and trouble shooting of manufacturing systems.
- You will have strong electrical skills and will be conversant with mechanical systems to include hydraulics and pneumatics; in addition you will have a good working knowledge of PLCs and inverters.
- FMCG experience is advantageous
- You will have an NVQ in Relevant field or City & Guilds qualifications to include 2382 (17th Edition), 2330, 2360 etc are advantageous
- You will be multi-skilled with electrical bias
- A salary of GBP35,000 per annum
- Excellent overtime availability to increase earnings above GBP40,000.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health care scheme
- Subsidised canteen facilities.
- Free parking and onsite facilities.